Chloe Edith Cantine - What do you think?

chicbags

O.G.
Feb 2, 2006
This is the 'other' version of the Edith muse-like bag. It was pictured on the website, but is not being sold at the Boutiques. They are selling the one without the upper pocket. I like it better than the muse one, but not sure how much better or worth investing in another Edith. I do like the longer straps a lot! :wlae:

I really don't like any of the new Edith mutations. I think they should just stick to the classic style. If they want to develop spin offs they should just name it something else.

That being said, that bag is very pretty!

I have the whiskey and chocolate regular Ediths.
None of the fall bags are really pushing my buttons. :upsidedown:

That said, I do like the idea of having an "Edith" to wear over my shoulder, so I am considering this as my one and only fall collection addition. :wlae:

I also like the idea that only a handful were made and won't be available
at too many places. :girlsigh:

I much prefer it to the YSL Muse and I like the fact that you can comfortably wear it on your shoulder, but I am also tiring of this constant rehashing of old ideas.

I personally think it is correct of Chloe to call it an Edith, because it is essentially an offshoot of the same design and with all the spin-offs they are doing lately; it would become unnecessarily confusing if they all had completely different names.

Edit: I've just realised what it reminds me of - a backpack with the straps in the wrong place!

Actually, I think I'd like it if it were a lovely, soft leather backpack, much better!

Is the only way into the bag through that top flap? It seems like it would be a huge pain to unbuckle it everytime to get in and out. I guess you could always leave it unbuckled, but that would look kind of messy, no?