Chloe drew bag small black

Jul 19, 2010
Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting on the Chloe forms – you can typically find me looking in the Balenciaga section and I have really never strayed from the brand. I know I am late to the game but I have been admiring this back for the last few years and finally I picked one up at a great price.

I was debating between the Givenchy black patent Pandora mini box on a chain with gold hardware and the drew bag; originally, I purchased the givenchy but noticed that when I pushed up the flap (which was very stiff) to open the bag, the leather creased. I also noticed that the chain started and stopped in the opposite/twisted direction. I wanted a nice black evening bag with a gold chain. I don't really find the drew back to be a day bag, it is definitely an evening bag in my opinion.

Anyways I am definitely late to the game but this is a timeless style in my opinion! I notice a lot of fellow posters mentioning that some of them feel that this bag won't last, others feel that it will. I think that there is nothing overly trendy or unusual about this bag to make it not stand the test of time. Even the shape is a classic to me and love the dainty gold chain with knots. I was worried maybe I should have got the mini for my evening bag purposes but after scoping them out in the store, the mini was actually a lot smaller than I realized and the small was actually not really that big. It is definitely a good size for me at 5"8. I do prefer this one to the newer one with the connected chain because this one has the knots and I just find the shiny hardware and the chain much prettier on this style.

Here it is!
I compared it with my new Balenciaga city small for size reference. It is The same height as the balenciaga (maybe a few centimetres taller) but definitely not as wide. Smaller shape overall. When they're side-by-side, the drew really does appear more evening style to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 925
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 595
Congrats on your gorgeous new Drew! I too, prefer the original hardware model to the newer thicker chain. I think the knotted golden chain just makes the bag extra pretty and feminine. Like jewelry for your bag!

Depending on your outfit, I do think you would be able to rock the Drew during the day.

As for whether or not it will last, only time will tell. In my opinion, if a bag makes it beyond its ten year anniversary and is still going strong then it has the potential to be that brand's staple bag. I remember when the BBag city came out, everyone worried about it's potential to go beyond just being an " it" bag. Now it's routinely called a classic. The Drew debuted in 2014 and its still going strong in its popularity. :tup:

Congrats on your gorgeous new Drew! I too, prefer the original hardware model to the newer thicker chain. I think the knotted golden chain just makes the bag extra pretty and feminine. Like jewelry for your bag!

Depending on your outfit, I do think you would be able to rock the Drew during the day.

As for whether or not it will last, only time will tell. In my opinion, if a bag makes it beyond its ten year anniversary and is still going strong then it has the potential to be that brand's staple bag. I remember when the BBag city came out, everyone worried about it's potential to go beyond just being an " it" bag. Now it's routinely called a classic. The Drew debuted in 2014 and its still going strong in its popularity. :tup:
Thank you very much!
That's very true, it continues to be very produced in many styles
I agree, this chain is just really prettier to my eyes and more feminine
It does seem to have the potential to be Chloe's staple bag like the city, and seems to be heading in that direction with all the renditions they come out with

Do you have one and if so, how do you wear it? More day or evening?

Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting on the Chloe forms – you can typically find me looking in the Balenciaga section and I have really never strayed from the brand. I know I am late to the game but I have been admiring this back for the last few years and finally I picked one up at a great price.

I was debating between the Givenchy black patent Pandora mini box on a chain with gold hardware and the drew bag; originally, I purchased the givenchy but noticed that when I pushed up the flap (which was very stiff) to open the bag, the leather creased. I also noticed that the chain started and stopped in the opposite/twisted direction. I wanted a nice black evening bag with a gold chain. I don't really find the drew back to be a day bag, it is definitely an evening bag in my opinion.

Anyways I am definitely late to the game but this is a timeless style in my opinion! I notice a lot of fellow posters mentioning that some of them feel that this bag won't last, others feel that it will. I think that there is nothing overly trendy or unusual about this bag to make it not stand the test of time. Even the shape is a classic to me and love the dainty gold chain with knots. I was worried maybe I should have got the mini for my evening bag purposes but after scoping them out in the store, the mini was actually a lot smaller than I realized and the small was actually not really that big. It is definitely a good size for me at 5"8. I do prefer this one to the newer one with the connected chain because this one has the knots and I just find the shiny hardware and the chain much prettier on this style.

Here it is!
I compared it with my new Balenciaga city small for size reference. It is The same height as the balenciaga (maybe a few centimetres taller) but definitely not as wide. Smaller shape overall. When they're side-by-side, the drew really does appear more evening style to me.
All gorgeous bags!

Thank you very much!
That's very true, it continues to be very produced in many styles
I agree, this chain is just really prettier to my eyes and more feminine
It does seem to have the potential to be Chloe's staple bag like the city, and seems to be heading in that direction with all the renditions they come out with

Do you have one and if so, how do you wear it? More day or evening?

Sorry for the delay in responding! Yes, I have a small Chloe Drew in cement pink. Because of the size, I wear it during the day and into the evening as well. It's large enough to hold my daily essentials (makeup bag, wallet, sunnies, keys as a well as a few knick knacks) but small enough to look dainty and feminine in the evenings. The gold hardware adds a little classy pop to all of my outfits, and is dressy enough to work with my going out attire.

Hi everyone!

Here it is!

Any mod shots by any chance :smile:? I'm just curious if you don't mind sharing where you were able to pick this up on sale. Gorgeous bag - I'm definitely a fan!