chloe boots zipper problems

Oct 20, 2006
im so upset i went to new york to buy a pair of chloe boots and when i got to the airport one of the zippers unzipped. a cobbler here in montreal told me its a problem with the slidder. so i called chloe and they said that i could send them back but they couldn't send me a new pair because they can't ship to canada so they would have to give me a refund. it looks like the slidder is not lining the zipper up properly.
has anyone else had a problem with chloe zippers? im so disappointed with the quality and service i have recieved. i had high hopes for these boots and when you spend $1200 on an item you dont expect it to break within the first 12 hours.

I really think they should be able to make an exception and ship them to you in Canada, I feel so bad for you - that happened to me w/ a pair of Campers from the UK once (I had gotten the wrong size) but nothing was wrong w/ them and they were more than happy to ship them back (i was in NY) - Seems unfair --were they from the chloe store in NY? Do you really want the boots?

I really think they should be able to make an exception and ship them to you in Canada, I feel so bad for you - that happened to me w/ a pair of Campers from the UK once (I had gotten the wrong size) but nothing was wrong w/ them and they were more than happy to ship them back (i was in NY though) - Seems unfair --were they from the chloe store here in NY? Do you really want the boots? I think i'd have to write a letter and see if you could get a different response - sorry, I have no idea how the zippers are...I'm still saving for a $1,150. pair I was hoping to splurge on before Christmas :smile:

thanks everyone for your supportive replies. i was so upset about it i felt sick all weekend but then i realized maybe those just weren't the boots for me if the zippers are going to have problems i dont want them and if i was to change the zipper it really wouldn't be the same boots, so i sent them back to chloe in ny, they are going to refund me and i bought a chanel executive tote to make myself feel better. the search for the perfect boot continues....

You unfortunately got a lemon. I was reading in the Glass Slipper section in this forum about a gal having issues with her Jimmie Choos, the heel fell off!!!! Another poster said the same thing happened to her. Wham the lid came off and people were spilling their complaints regardiing defects and designer shoes. I guess you're not alone.

For what ever it's worth my Chloe boots have held up beautifully and girl I wear them hard. They don't even scuff or look bad. Get an Edith pair if you can, those suckers are as tough as Michelin Tire!:P

You unfortunately got a lemon. I was reading in the Glass Slipper section in this forum about a gal having issues with her Jimmie Choos, the heel fell off!!!! Another poster said the same thing happened to her. Wham the lid came off and people were spilling their complaints regardiing defects and designer shoes. I guess you're not alone.

For what ever it's worth my Chloe boots have held up beautifully and girl I wear them hard. They don't even scuff or look bad. Get an Edith pair if you can, those suckers are as tough as Michelin Tire!:P

Hey Susieserb-I ordered my splurge before Christmas I've been saving for today, the Edith boots :P I'm so happy, do you have them?

^^^^I do have Edith's^^^^ I have 2 Edith boots (two different styles) and 1 bootie. Clomped around in my black pair for 9 hours today, shopped at the mall, ate out and went to the movies in these puppies. No problems!