Chloe Betty At My Local TK Maxx

Nat347

Mar 8, 2009
I couldn't believe it when I saw it, amongst all the other plasticcy patent stuff....it was tan, looked really large, the price £349....is this a good price?....do they all come in one size?.....and finally at TK Maxx it would definitely be genuine?.....and also not a second?

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
United Kingdom
Whereabouts are you???? I will camp out in my TK maxx from now on!! It will be genuine - they are not allowed to sell fakes - wow!!! £349 is a good price IMO - I think a large size was over £800? - they don't make them any more. Buy!!! they come I think in 3 sizes - large, medium and small - I have a medium and it is so so so gorgeous!

sianii11

Gleek...
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Buckinghamshire
I've heard of it happening in the US at TJMaxx and have since religiously checked my local TK Maxx to no avail. If you love it, get it - it is a good price imo, but i assume also it has also been left out in store to be fingered/bashed about and has no dustbag/tags e.t.c (unless they are inside). Don't be lulled into buying it just because you think it's a great deal - but if you really do love it, get it, post on the ATC thread just to double check and congratulate yourself on a great find! :smile:

Lescoy

Chilling
O.G.
Apr 9, 2007
Scotland
^^ Our TK Maxx has had Isabella Fiore, Cynthia Rowley in the past. I know someone who did buy a Betty from a seller on EBay - and they'd originally bought from TK Maxx - it was authentic.

They now offer designer or 'better' bags online -

http://www.tkmaxx.com/page/home

If you do buy her - post on the Authenticate This Chloe Thread - we'll be happy to check her out for you.

Jun 23, 2007
UK
Surely it is only certain stores in certain places that will be given these high end brands? My nearest TKMaxx is in a town called 'Chatham', nooooo way would they have Chloe in there :graucho:

Lescoy

Chilling
O.G.
Apr 9, 2007
Scotland
Surely it is only certain stores in certain places that will be given these high end brands? My nearest TKMaxx is in a town called 'Chatham', nooooo way would they have Chloe in there :graucho:
mulberryroxanne - Hi - well it may be the larger stores. However, in our local TK Maxx - which isn't that big TBH - they have had Isabella Fiore, Cynthia Rowley and lately - 3 sample bags - Thomas Burberry:nuts: Which means they are samples and may never have been made commercially - but somehow TK Maxx got them. So I'd definitely check your local store - you just never know what you might find - :graucho:

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
UK
I search the Brighton branch regularly since someone in Ireland claimed to have found a Balenciaga Twiggy. The best I have done so far is a really nice Thomas Burberry sample for £35. I might have to gone down again this afternoon!!!

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
UK
Mine is great! It is a medium sized black zip top bag in a kind of brushed leather a bit like suede. It has lots of outer pockets edged with magnetic fasteners and a blue silk lining. It is getting lots of compliments.

(I have just been through my Chloe boxes trying to make myself part with them. I have failed miserably to the extent of starting to use my Muscade Paddington again. I have developed a nasty urge to buy more.)

Lescoy

Chilling
O.G.
Apr 9, 2007
Scotland
Jenova - its the sea air my dear!:P

Yes - my daughter bought one of the Thomas Burberry samples - its lovely - really nice style - well for her - for me it would have looked stupid - but the leather is gorgeous. I rather wonder if they may have some more........................:graucho:

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
UK
There are quite a few Thomas Burberry sample jackets in my branch. Hasn't the diffusion line failed? I presume that they are clearing the warehouse out? I bought a nice Cobalt leather purse earlier in the year.

My sisters and I had a lot of fun buying heavily reduced Dents (the glovemaker) bags in TKMAXX. They have little glove charms hanging from them. Mine is purple suede rather reminiscent of AW09 Mulberry.

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
UK
If anyone likes Billy Bags, we have just had an influx of their bags and purses in our branch. I had to force myself to put the purses back. The staff probably think that I am a shoplifter. How could any normal person spend so much time so frequently looking at handbags???