Chloe bay bag

I've seen 4 versions of the non-quilted.
1. East West Bay

2. Regular (or Chloe on their website calls it Medium Size bay)

3. Medium Bay with strap (which you can find on the Chloe.com collection website). The pockets look a little different. Also a TPFer has bought the Royal Blue one and you can find pics of that.

4. Small Bay with strap (also on Chloe.Com). Also a Tpfer bought the small size as well.

5. Then there are the shoulder /cross-body Bays which are documented in All About the Bay reference thread, as well as the Bay tote:

The non quilted Bays are available in Tokyo. I saw them last weekend in all variations and colors (camel, ginger, moka, black, dark green, navy, bright blue). I don't know if the Chloe boutiques (Minami Aoyama or Tokyo Midtown in Akasaka) will ship. It might be a little tricky because of the language barrier. Originally, I was interested in the moka tote but I grew to love the quilted bay medium since I am more casual. I feel that the unquilted one is a little more formal, business.

That's a good point Miss Sue. I felt the darker colors were more formal looking on the non-quilted. But I also I think that the quilted Bay looks pretty fancy too, so that is why I am going for the non-quilted in camel. The lighter color makes the bag more casual...

The camel non-quilted bay can go either way...with jeans or with a suit. I do agree that the darker colors look slightly more formal. I feel that the quilted looks a little more casual because the shape is not as structured and the non-quilted. Maybe a non-quilted will suit a more mature woman...but that's just my opinion. I am in my late 30's and I have the quilted.

I have the second model,in the second to last colour. i don't see how this bag (non-quilted medium bay) is super-structured? i'm quite surprised people think it's formal;I see it and wear it as a casual shabby-chic bag and I wouldn't wear it to a business meeting (if I did business LOL; I am a doctor so I do wear it to work.).

The quilted,in my opinion,would look granny-ish if worn by a more mature woman and looks tongue-in-cheek on a younger one. The non-quilted is really versatile and fun and can be worn at any age too.

Interesting how points of view differ :smile:.

I agree Quirky Cool with you on the opinion thing. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

In the quilted version I did like the picture of the moka that Mischa Barton was carrying. But in general it wasn't my thing.

The non-quilted camel I think you can dress up and down but it also depends on what you do for work. I am basically a stay at home mom and if I did work I would be a teacher so the camel color would work best for my lifestyle, maybe if you are a business person a dark color would be best?. I intially wanted the Navy non-quilted because I LOVE that really dark blue color on bags but after thinking about it and realizing I would be using it mostly during the day to run errands, paydates, etc.. I thought it would be too formal, so i went with the color that first caught my eye which was the camel. My husband bought it yesterday and I'll post pictures when I get.

I am an elementary school teacher and I wouldn't carry my quilted shoulder bay to school. There are so many hazards like paint, marker, glue, etc. I plan on carrying my bag during the weekends for shopping, dining, and meeting friends. Do you think the quilted is too "granny" for someone in their late thirties?

Miss Sue- I don't think the quilted looks like a "granny" bag and I esp. think it is nice in Moka. I just prefer the non-quilted. I think if you like it get it.

Depending where you work i think you could bring it to teach. I would have no problem bring mine BUT when I start work again it will be in denmark at private international schools, if I still lived in Hawaii there would be no way I would bring that bag to a public school.

Thanks Katieboo. I just bought the quilted bay in moka and I am very happy with it. I'm glad to hear that you don't think it's granny-ish. I have been in Tokyo for three years now and I have been teaching first grade at a private international school. Private school is so different from public schools in California (where I used to teach). While the curriculum is similar, the governance and administration is so different. If you keep your mind on your students and your own class, you will be fine.