Chivalry is not dead!

CookieLady

Baked Goods Goddess
Aug 24, 2010
I wanted to share a quick story of my DBF coming to my rescue today.

We were walking to work and it was quite a foggy morning, then it started raining! Poor Mr Totally MM (Gordon) was starting to get splashed and I hadn't packed my umbrella!!!!!

My DBF (whom prior to meeting me thought spending $$$ on bags was nuts) whipped off his jacket and covered poor Gordon so he'd stay dry. I know it's not a grand gesture but it meant a lot to me :smile:

Has anyone else had a knight in shining armour protect their beloved bags?

My DH did the same for me. We were leaving Short Hills mall & it was pouring. He took off his jacket ran my Artsy MM to the car, grabbed an umbrella & came back to save my freshly set hair. Got to love him!

That's awesome!

Me, I'm just happy that my BF has stopped rolling his eyes and groaning every time we go into LV. He just looks resigned now, which is a vast improvement :roflmfao:

Oh, and he knows to ask for a table for three now as well (one for my bag)- does that count?

That's awesome!

Me, I'm just happy that my BF has stopped rolling his eyes and groaning every time we go into LV. He just looks resigned now, which is a vast improvement :roflmfao:

Oh, and he knows to ask for a table for three now as well (one for my bag)- does that count?

Mine was exactly the same, more sarcastic than anything! I think the craftsmanship and going in-store turned him to the dark side hehe.

I was very surprised when he gave me the jacket, he even offered to get the car from the parking station this afternoon. He's a keeper (He will read this and kill me :P)

My Dad has done similar things for me with my mono bags, although he rolls his eyes he knows how much my bags mean to me :shame: Though I try to avoid vachetta bags if I think it's going to rain. Nice to have rain again though Cookie! ;)

He's gone from being so ignorant of anything LV to actually being able to name bags he sees on the street...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww he's a keeper for sure!!! :girlsigh:
Love the name Gordon for your bag btw :graucho:

I find that although most guys :wtf: at the sound of how much our bags cost, some really do understand that they are important and will protect them just like they would protect their own Xbox, guitar, car, etc. Well, that's been my experience at least.

My DF will ask me if he needs to run my purse to the car if it's raining. LOL
I honestly don't care if it gets wet - he worries more than I do.
He also puts my purse on a chair or something after I set it on the ground.

What a great guy! My DH will not allow anyone to put my bags on the floor or let their pets near it for fear of chewing them. He is gracious about it but very aware. That said, we have a new puppy so my bags are well out of reach!

Oh, once at our son's baseball game our daughter accidentally pushed my bag off the blanket. DH grabbed it and put it right back on the blanket! LOL!!

One of my friends make her bf walked shirtless to the car so that she could use his t-shirt to cover her mc alma. I was so jealous since I was soaking wet trying to cover my azur speedy :lol:

hehehe all these stories made me laugh! I am the same way, freaking out if ANY of my bags get wet or put on the floor. That is so sweet of all of your DHs & DBs to care about your bags though....mine is finally understanding how important they are and now hates if my bags touch our CARPETED floor where no one ever walks...they now must go on a chair at the dining room table! :biggrin:

That's wonderful!

My BF always takes care of my bags too, he will not only shelter it from the rain and hold it for me when I am busy going through clothes on a rack, he will also shield my bag from anyone carelessly bashing into it. :P