Chipping gold hardwear

finnfan

Jun 28, 2009
Lades I need your help!

Im going to buy light beige classic flap with GHW (GHW is more beautiful with beige to me). But some of you was talking about chipping gold colour off the hard wear (since its not gold plated any more).

please hel me decite should I buy SHW instead???

What woul you do??

Thanks! :smile:

i think beige looks best with ghw, it looks too casual in shw, i have one in lambskin and i havent used it yet...mine will be special occasion bag, so i will take care of it and hopefully it will prevent it from chipping since i wont use it often

Thanks jeNYC! But I want to use it often...and Im afraid theres no way to prevent chipping. I dont know how often it happens.
I have black jumbo SHW I bought half of year ago and its like new and Im warin it almost every day.

^LOL!!

I wear my gold hardware flaps pretty often and there are no signs of chipping yet. Just get a ghw bag... Chanel can always replate it for you if it chips. Or get a vintage ghw bag that has gold-plated hardware.

I don't think the gold will chip easily.. no problems with my black caviar m/l GHW flap so far.. bought it last year and it isn't gold plated. I say go for the gold!

get the gold hw one. light beige should be a lux color but silver won't be giving you that look. I own 3 gold hardware bags but none of them show any chipping signs. Good luck and enjoy the beige with gold hardware! I really love that bag :smile:

Thank you girls so much! And than you lector. Im going for gold one. I was yust courious how often chipping thing happens. And now I see its not common thing.
Light beige is more beautiful with GHW.

Thanks ahain. And I cant wait for my bag to arrive.