chipped chanel hardware

chokichoki

Sep 8, 2006
Hello!
Recently bought a vintage Chanel backpack, for the most part its in good condition, just that some of the hardware is chipped. Its not a gold turnlock, its black.

Any suggestions on how to cover it up or fix it?

thanks

missisa07

O.G.
Jun 1, 2007
Chanel can replace it. Depending if they have the pieces in stock, they might have to ship the backpack to New York for repair. Sometimes they send it to France for repair, but if they can, they ship it to NY. Since it's vintage, you will have to pay for the replacement piece. Not sure about prices, you'd have to bring it in for an estimate.

FutureDent

O.G.
Jun 13, 2010
I just logged in to ask the same question!! I have a classic M/L flap with gold hardware that I bought new just one year ago and the lock as a big spot of silver because the gold chipped!!! It makes me SO angry. This kind of thing should not be happening with 2500$ purses. Now I have to waste my time going to the store and then not having my bag for however long.

missisa07

O.G.
Jun 1, 2007
^SOME boutiques keep those kind of spare pieces in stock (according to my local boutique). It's best to go to your local Chanel boutique in person to see if they can replace it in house; they might not HAVE to ship your bag out.