Chipped brass on charm? :(

Monogasm

A Fetish for LV!
Sep 20, 2015
I was so pleased to find a pastilles charm in "mint" condition on Ebay, seller had good feedback. The item description included:

"It was never put on keys. Preowned mint condition..but I do recall seeing a little of the brass color rubbed off on one small area near the o-ring. Not noticeable at all."

Perhaps I'm a bit of a perfectionist but my ideas of "mint" and "one small area" is not particularly this. There is a considerable sized chip on the brass O ring, not a small rub which is subtle enough to go unnoticed. The hardware is very scratched to my eye :sad: The seller strategically did not put any photos of this area of the charm in the auction. If I had known I would not have purchased it!

First things first, is this sort of chip normal for LV hardware or have I been fobbed off with a replica? Secondly could I possibly have this fixed at a LV store? Its a shame as I really love this piece and its otherwise in great condition. I would have bought new but couldn't find one anywhere. I'd love to have it fixed but feel I should take the issue and repair costs up with the seller. Your opinions would be so very much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5739.JPG
    IMG_5739.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 354
No, sorry - in no world is that "mint" condition - "fair" condition, yes - I think "good" condition would even be stretching it. Unless you got a hell of a deal I would see if LV can repair it and if so, have the seller refund the amount the repair would cost. My $0.02.

No, sorry - in no world is that "mint" condition - "fair" condition, yes - I think "good" condition would even be stretching it. Unless you got a hell of a deal I would see if LV can repair it and if so, have the seller refund the amount the repair would cost. My $0.02.
+1

Absolutely agree. That is definitely not in "mint" condition and it is not "one small area". I would be upset about this and would definitely be taking it up with the seller. Only after exhausting that option would I consider getting it fixed but I think that may prove to be expensive. Can you return it or open a PayPal dispute due to the inaccurate description? I'm sorry this happened to you :sad:

no, sorry - in no world is that "mint" condition - "fair" condition, yes - i think "good" condition would even be stretching it. Unless you got a hell of a deal i would see if lv can repair it and if so, have the seller refund the amount the repair would cost. My $0.02.

+1

+1

absolutely agree. That is definitely not in "mint" condition and it is not "one small area". I would be upset about this and would definitely be taking it up with the seller. Only after exhausting that option would i consider getting it fixed but i think that may prove to be expensive. Can you return it or open a paypal dispute due to the inaccurate description? I'm sorry this happened to you :sad:

+1

oh lord. Get your money back.

+1