Chinese government fines Hermes for substandard garments!

Lady-Penelope

Oct 15, 2009
They present them as substandard, but I bet they didn't like the dry cleaning codes on the label or something completely inocuous...

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
talk about standards, ill give them a few products that lack not only quality but sense!. no offense but this sounds like someone wants to make our hermes shell out some cash with un fair laws !

fashionistaO

Gatekeeper!
Oct 12, 2007
ITA w/ all of the above.

Oy moment here, maybe, they want to stir up something w/ all the phoney baloney fakes that are 'Made in China'

Last edited:

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Improper labelling? Would like to know what exactly it said on the label.

I think the part that said "MADE IN FRANCE" on the label is what got them excited.

This is the best example of reverse psychology that I have seen in a long time. China has been razed for all the unsafe chemicals used in foods and products and this is a little PR trick to turn tables on the West.

Pretty juvenile, but some people will believe it all.

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Downright Orwellian, coming from the nation with the worst record on environmental, labor, and quality control abuses.

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
^^ WHAT?????????????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never heard that!
:shocked:

shadowyi

A little classic..:]
Jul 17, 2008
Soon to be NY!
^ Oh.. my goodness. That's heinous! Yes, I found this downright hypocritical given all the quality issues, human rights issues, labor and environmental issues from this country. This is just a little kid throwing a temper tantrum.