chinese crested dogs- what do you think about them?

Roxana

♥'s dogs & bags
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I really would like to get a second dog in the future (maybe evan a third), and preferably a small one.
Now I really love the chinese crested, but I love chihuahuas as well.

So I wonder what do you girls think about these dogs?
My bf for one says he won't take the chinese out for a walk (ok I see his point, it is a girly dog), he would like a chihuahua because he can't deny they are too cute.

Since I have an italian greyhound already (who is quite a caricature and gets a lot of attention, both negative and positive), I am hesitant about the chinese, because it too is (maybe even more) quite an extraordinary dog. But I can't help but adore them anyway...
The chi is more 'normal'.

so what would you do?
And what's your opinion on this breed?
Anyone out here that has one?

I'd love to hear!

Attachments

• chinese-naakthond4.jpg
    chinese-naakthond4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 64
  • ChihuahuaShtadult6.jpg
    ChihuahuaShtadult6.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 76
Well, it wouldn't be the kind of dog I would choose for myself, but you must be happy with your new companion. I don't care what other people think about my dog. I couldn't care less after all the hate I felt (even physically) with Deacon and the dog I had before him.

I don't know how different the Chi and the Chinese Crested are character wise, but you should choose the dog that suits best your personality and lifestyle. Of course your bf has to live with your new dog, too, so you should probably both be okay with the choice ;).

I have seen a documentary on a Chinese Crested breeder here in Germany, and the breed seems to be very friendly, good with children, and they have a balanced temper.

I think alot of the chinese crested can be very beautiful, and i am assuming you mean the hairless bc there is also a chinese cested "powder puff" i believe it is called which looks asically like a white fluffy dog

Yeah, I love their caracter as well, they seem to not bark a lot and are very friendly and intelligent. I think a chi is more present and so is my doggy, so that could be a bit tireying at times perhaps..

I think alot of the chinese crested can be very beautiful, and i am assuming you mean the hairless bc there is also a chinese cested "powder puff" i believe it is called which looks asically like a white fluffy dog

Yes I mean the hairless ones. I am a bit allergic to dogs, but only when they have long and a lot of hair, so I'll always go for the safer options with short (or in this case no) hair..

I was also thinking of getting a Chinese crested powder puff in the future. I read where their dispositions are wonderful and they are good with children. On the Dog Whisperer, he gave one to a family that had 2 older boys and 2 younger boys. I must have dogs that are easily house trained. I read where they are easily house trained and then I also read where they are difficult to house train. I will have to read more about that. I know how to train a dog, I just do not want it to take forever.

I would go with the Crested, although I like Chi's the shedding would drive me insane. Also you would all ready know how to deal with the skin issues (sun exposure, warmth, etc.) with the crested, as your greyhound is quite similar in that they don't have hair.

Every Crested I've ever worked on has been very, very sweet. They get pretty chilly though, your dog would need a wardrobe!
I know, I don't mind! :nuts: I think it's really cute. He could use some of my doggy's clothes, since he hates wearing them! lol..

We had this commercial on tv a while back with a chinese hairless from a energysupplier, he was wearing a sweater in it and looked so adorable :amuse: