Chinchilla in Action

Well, it's a beautiful purse no matter how old it is.:yes:

The Chinchilla collar was delivered yesterday & I'm not very happy with it. :no: It's flat & not what I'm use to seeing with Chinchilla. I wanted a collar that's very thick & pillowed (for the lack of a better word if my description makes any sense) to wear on the leather coat. This is not. I hung it up so it can relax from shipping because when I first opened it up & put it around the neck of the coat, the fur parted along the edge & I can see the skin. Very noticeable to me. I'm going to look at it again later today to see if it's still noticeable & if it is, I will send it back. This has not met my expectations at all upon first inspection. It's a pretty collar, don't get me wrong, but not what had envisioned. Because it's so flat, I suspect that it not be genuine chinchilla, but rabbit. :crybaby:

On another note, I purchased a Silver Fox Russian Dr Zivago style hat to go with the Silver Fox coat & it shipped today. It's coming from the same Russian seller I got my Tanuki roller hat from.

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that :sad:
Flat does sound like rabbit as Chinchilla does have a puffiness to it. Was it reasonable? Can you wear it like a shrug? if not on your jacket?
Can we see it? I'm curious what it looks like

Reactions: cdtracing
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that :sad:
Flat does sound like rabbit as Chinchilla does have a puffiness to it. Was it reasonable? Can you wear it like a shrug? if not on your jacket?
Can we see it? I'm curious what it looks like
Ok, I took some pic. I'm not a good photographer. I've already decided to send it back. I won't ever be happy with it & the more I look at it, the more I think it's rabbit. I circled a couple of places where the fur parts & the skin shows through. I also took a picture of it sideways to try & show how flat it is. It doesn't show as flat when a full pic is taken.
20180508_183209.jpg 20180508_183715.jpg 20180508_183219.jpg 20180508_183230.jpg 20180508_183348.jpg 20180508_183533.jpg 20180508_183641.jpg

Reactions: KittieKelly
Ok, I took some pic. I'm not a good photographer. I've already decided to send it back. I won't ever be happy with it & the more I look at it, the more I think it's rabbit. I circled a couple of places where the fur parts & the skin shows through. I also took a picture of it sideways to try & show how flat it is. It doesn't show as flat when a full pic is taken.
View attachment 4061846 View attachment 4061847 View attachment 4061848 View attachment 4061850 View attachment 4061851 View attachment 4061852 View attachment 4061853

Oh good golly :sad:
The first pic does look like chinchilla, after that it kinda went downhill. I see the skin..eek, and it does look flat at the sides.
Chinchilla skin is paper thin compared to any other fur, and the fur feels like air to the touch, something no rabbit can ever mimic. If you blow on it just the slightest breath will make the fur move.
The fur itself isn't bad, it's the skin showing that is a deal breaker, it's defective. Yes send it back for sure :sad:
Is the seller being good about it?

Oh good golly :sad:
The first pic does look like chinchilla, after that it kinda went downhill. I see the skin..eek, and it does look flat at the sides.
Chinchilla skin is paper thin compared to any other fur, and the fur feels like air to the touch, something no rabbit can ever mimic. If you blow on it just the slightest breath will make the fur move.
The fur itself isn't bad, it's the skin showing that is a deal breaker, it's defective. Yes send it back for sure :sad:
Is the seller being good about it?

The colors are pretty & the fur is very soft but it's not what I expected. It's not thick & plush like the coats I've seen. And I definitely don't like seeing the skin through the fur.
As for the seller....I don't know as I have not heard back from him yet. I hope to have resolved in a respectable manner. If not, I paid through Paypal using a credit card so I can dispute if he doesn't want to honor his return policy. It will be ready to post tomorrow.

The colors are pretty & the fur is very soft but it's not what I expected. It's not thick & plush like the coats I've seen. And I definitely don't like seeing the skin through the fur.
As for the seller....I don't know as I have not heard back from him yet. I hope to have resolved in a respectable manner. If not, I paid through Paypal using a credit card so I can dispute if he doesn't want to honor his return policy. It will be ready to post tomorrow.

Aww yeah I see it is not what should be expected either. Sorry for you :sad:
Keeping my fingers crossed that the return goes smoothly :smile:

View attachment 4061846 View attachment 4061847 View attachment 4061848 View attachment 4061850 View attachment 4061851 View attachment 4061852 View attachment 4061853

You can tell straight off by looking at the fur that it's not chinchilla. Real chinchilla has the appearance of thick saxony carpet. The hair on this one is choppy, like one would expect on a rabbit or a trimmed yak shearling.

With the warm weather my only option is to bring out furry accessories [emoji38]
I don't remember if I showed this one before...Versace - Chinchilla & python bag

View attachment 4060461 View attachment 4060462
Gorgeous!!! Even warmer weather can't stop the fur coming. Is it not good weather to wear your broadtail? Thay is surely not as warm as other fur types?
I agree with sending this back, it does not look good quality at all. I wish you success. I know someone who has bought a similar fur from a girl who is amazing furrier in England. She ships worldwide amd has worked with Sagafurs - she knows her stuff.

Happy to advise if you want the details of her.

Gorgeous!!! Even warmer weather can't stop the fur coming. Is it not good weather to wear your broadtail? Thay is surely not as warm as other fur types?I agree with sending this back, it does not look good quality at all. I wish you success. I know someone who has bought a similar fur from a girl who is amazing furrier in England. She ships worldwide amd has worked with Sagafurs - she knows her stuff.

Happy to advise if you want the details of her.

Thank you, Flip88. I would love details about her. If I can't find one suitable, I'll get my furrier to get one for me. I would have to pay more but I would know it's chinchilla. This one just isn't good quality & I think it's rabbit, anyway. The seller offered me $50 refund to keep it but I declined the offer.

Reactions: Flip88
Thank you, Flip88. I would love details about her. If I can't find one suitable, I'll get my furrier to get one for me. I would have to pay more but I would know it's chinchilla. This one just isn't good quality & I think it's rabbit, anyway. The seller offered me $50 refund to keep it but I declined the offer.
I would not be index to keep it. Rex rabbit is simply nowhere near as nice as chinchilla. You are doing the correct thing in returning it.

I am also thinking of getting one similar but I will have a furrier get the pelts (which are graded) and I will just get them made into a scarf with a pattern I like. If you have a furrier then use them maybe bit the one I recomend will source the pelts specifically so you can choose color, size and grade (making them without much white bits creates an unusual scarf).

I jave mentioned her before and for the record I am not 'affiliated' with her in any way.

She is on Instgram and Etsy. She has made a few chinchilla scarves already now. She is called Emily and uses @emiloufur

There are other furriers also in the UK popping up all the time.l but I know she will do it perfectly. I think she can send pics of the pelts and also arrange them to show exactly what will be produced.

Good luck.

Here is a photo of a scarf she has made but you can have more white bits in it if you prefer. The first one she made.Screenshot_2018-05-11-10-33-10.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-11-10-33-05.jpg

Thank you :smile:
The broadtail is light, but because it's full length (down to my ankles) I fear I would break out into a sweat :giggle:
Ti's the season for crops! [emoji38]
Did you get much wear out of it this summer? I haven't worn my furs much as it's been so warm in The UK.

Please can I have an opinion?

I have been craving a chinchilla fur for ages and I am about to order a fur coat from AliBaba (posted in another thread - basically it's a fur trimmed coat for £170). I have stumbled across a few sellers who sell chinchilla very very cheap.

Is it too good to be true? Anyone bought more expensive furs from Alibaba? I did once speak to someone who got a chinchilla from China but this was when her husband was over there in person. That is, he could check the quality before handing over money.

Would anyone here risk it?

I would check that it is not rex rabbit of course and I was thinking to say video the actual coat I would receive. I have heard people criticise the site because the sizes are all really small but I think as long as I stipulate exactly my size I should be fine?

Here are a get things I have found.

Thank you so much in advance [emoji8]

Screenshot_2018-09-03-22-53-56.jpgScreenshot_2018-09-03-22-53-53.jpgScreenshot_2018-09-03-22-53-16.jpg

Did you get much wear out of it this summer? I haven't worn my furs much as it's been so warm in The UK.

Please can I have an opinion?

I have been craving a chinchilla fur for ages and I am about to order a fur coat from AliBaba (posted in another thread - basically it's a fur trimmed coat for £170). I have stumbled across a few sellers who sell chinchilla very very cheap.

Is it too good to be true? Anyone bought more expensive furs from Alibaba? I did once speak to someone who got a chinchilla from China but this was when her husband was over there in person. That is, he could check the quality before handing over money.

Would anyone here risk it?

I would check that it is not rex rabbit of course and I was thinking to say video the actual coat I would receive. I have heard people criticise the site because the sizes are all really small but I think as long as I stipulate exactly my size I should be fine?

Here are a get things I have found.

Thank you so much in advance [emoji8]

View attachment 4181813View attachment 4181814View attachment 4181815

I have no personal experience with seller but price seems too good to be true? I’d be afraid but maybe I’m just a pessimist. Hopefully someone else has some personal knowledge to help you.

Reactions: Flip88