Chin Implant - Under the chin method? (vs. Intraoral method)

treppenwitz

Apr 1, 2016
HI all,

I'm looking into getting a silicone chin implant in Seoul, and the few clinics I've asked say they "prefer" the intraoral method, where the implant is inserted from inside the mouth. Here in North America, I know that the under the mouth/chin method is much more common because of low risk of infection and ease of placement. One clinic (in Seoul) I asked, said that they can ask the doctor about the under the chin method if it's what I prefer, which only made me more nervous. lol.

Does anyone know any clinics in Seoul that specializes in the under the chin method? Or, have any of you or know anyone who has undergone the intraoral method? What was your/their experience like? I'm concerned about safety, infection, and recovery time/pain.

Thanks in advance!

I did chin implant 2 years ago at Seoul. And yes, it was intraoral method and I don't have any problem with it so far and like the result as well. Scars are non-visible and for recovery It took a week for the major swell and another week for minor swell for me.

Reactions: treppenwitz
I did chin implant 2 years ago at Seoul. And yes, it was intraoral method and I don't have any problem with it so far and like the result as well. Scars are non-visible and for recovery It took a week for the major swell and another week for minor swell for me.

Congratulations on a successful surgery! Good to hear it went well. Everywhere i'm reading has been telling me intraoral method is bad, painful, and slow to recover. Can you tell me a little more about your experience and recovery? And also which clinic/doctor? Thank you.

I did it at TL/Dr.Choi sewoon
It was painful for a few days, but it wasn't that bad for me :smile: Surgery took about an hour and I was in the recovery room for another hour! I started to feel comfortable with my chin after a month and swell seems to gone a lot at that moment.
I removed the stitches at week 3, they said that it is dissolvable(takes about 2-3 month to disslove), but recommend t to remove it due to the possibility of infection caused by food. Good luck with your chin! Hope you make a right choice!

Reactions: treppenwitz
HI all,

I'm looking into getting a silicone chin implant in Seoul, and the few clinics I've asked say they "prefer" the intraoral method, where the implant is inserted from inside the mouth. Here in North America, I know that the under the mouth/chin method is much more common because of low risk of infection and ease of placement. One clinic (in Seoul) I asked, said that they can ask the doctor about the under the chin method if it's what I prefer, which only made me more nervous. lol.

Does anyone know any clinics in Seoul that specializes in the under the chin method? Or, have any of you or know anyone who has undergone the intraoral method? What was your/their experience like? I'm concerned about safety, infection, and recovery time/pain.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, thanks for the helpful thread, I want to get a chin implant as well in Seoul. Do you mind sharing which method you choose in the end and is there any difference in the shape of the silicone implants in Seoul vs north america?

Thanks ♥️

Hi, thanks for the helpful thread, I want to get a chin implant as well in Seoul. Do you mind sharing which method you choose in the end and is there any difference in the shape of the silicone implants in Seoul vs north america?

Thanks ♥️
I got mine through the intraoral method with Dr. Seo at MVP. I didn't consult in North America so I can't compare, but I got the common silicone shape to add projection, not the type with "wings" to add width. Recovery was kind of annoying but it was fast, and not painful. The only annoying thing is that 4 months later, I can still feel a bit of tightness in my chin. I've heard this is very common and will gradually go away with time. It looks great.

HI all,

Thanks in advance!

i did mine in 2017 at namu. I did consultations to 3 diff clinics before.. did my research and found that most doctors at US recommended under the chin method as apposed to intraoral.

But all korean doctors wanted to do mine with intraoral method. So i did mine intraorally even tho i knew that the risk of infections were much higher , i also didnt want to make doctor to use method that they werent comfortable with.
Honestly it was painful and korean painkillers are shyt lol. I couldnt sleep, eat or talk for 1 week. But i didnt have any swelling at all.
Korean clinics also didnt have type of implant with wings like in the us. I think i will look better with wing implant but im ok with my implant now. No regret whatsoever.