chime in on a "forever bag"?

Thank you so much for all your input! I have greatly considered the Pallas many times. Truth be told, with the exception of the new Turenne, all the above suggested bags have been on a wish list at some time.

I think for the first time ever, I'm actually going to take my time and try on the bags multiple times before choosing. I think I'll also pay closer attention to what I want the bag for and how I plan to use it, not just the looks of the bag.

If I had to choose now, since I love my epi petite noe for so many reasons, the Metis might be the closest in functionality. I have never tried it on, so I need to do that first. I wonder if I'd just end up buying a mono noe? I need to research if they are all made with a full vachetta bottom. I think they are. :sad:

Thank you so much for all your input! I have greatly considered the Pallas many times. Truth be told, with the exception of the new Turenne, all the above suggested bags have been on a wish list at some time.

I think for the first time ever, I'm actually going to take my time and try on the bags multiple times before choosing. I think I'll also pay closer attention to what I want the bag for and how I plan to use it, not just the looks of the bag.

If I had to choose now, since I love my epi petite noe for so many reasons, the Metis might be the closest in functionality. I have never tried it on, so I need to do that first. I wonder if I'd just end up buying a mono noe? I need to research if they are all made with a full vachetta bottom. I think they are. :sad:

Noe is a nice choice ! My favorite of all time classic mono bag would be a speedy or speedy b . But yes , there is some vachetta . Anything else other than the iconic's are fare game to get discontinued or look dated down the road :sad:. So upsetting because there are a few bags i liked but fear this so i keep away ..lol. Thats just me though :biggrin:

Oh dear dear Kim - you have asked a very difficult question! To find the ultimate Monogram handbag that you will carry & treasure for a very long time. ⏳
I'm going to just have fun with this one (and you should too). I recommend the Pallas in Black. This is one fine handbag. The Black has no vachetta at all.
It can be hand or shoulder carried (but the Mono strap is not long enough for cross body, sorry).
View attachment 2774488
Here's mine in Pink.
View attachment 2774511
There is a pocket on each side that runs the full length of the bag. Perfect for so many things.
The interior is the color of the leather that's so luxurious.
View attachment 2774514
This is Quetsche.

My best advice is to go to the Shop and just go to town trying them all. Can I come along? 😃
Can't wait to see what you get!

This is just such an incredibly beautiful photo! The pink and mono combo with the charm is so so lovely, I would love to own this (& the wallet):loveeyes::loveeyes:

I am 40 and have the Pallas in black. It is a great bag and one that I can see growing with me. While it does hold all my things, I wouldn't consider it a larger size bag though.

Embrace the vachetta! Cabas mezzo is the best absolute timeless forever bag. Treat vachetta with Docride's method of blackrocks and obenauf and it will continue to look fantastic.

I'm also a fan of the speedy 35. It is actually a much better size than the 30.