Children w/ CAsh.. pleas to the mommys

Raspberry said:
I didn't even know what a Keepall was when I was 12. Hell, I didn't know what LV was.

Same.

And I read this more than once also, and don't know how to respond. I got confused somewhere in the last paragraph.

"I want you guys to love your kids... and give them what you have but please dont let them become in a position like i am in currently... it sucks! Im tired of wanting and not being able to get what i had grown up w/..."

Are you scared that you won't be able to afford the kind of lifestyle that you have now in the future?

This was my story... this is how i was raised.. i want youthtoughts your imput but mainly i want you all to think, I love handbags... we all do... but a thread scared me... i felt like i needed to share my story about materialism and struggles w/ it as i face life now a lot of you have babies and I just never want a kid to be raised like me. I love my parents but they really screwed up because how i thoguht the world lived a year ago is so very different from how i see the world today.

shu said:
Are you scared that you won't be able to afford the kind of lifestyle that you have now in the future?
Yes, I know i wont be able to, I am going to be a teacher ot pastor. So far in my experiences... I have only met one pastor able to afford things like i grew up w/... and teachers... we all know whatteachers get paid..

Jenny, let me just tell you your mind and thoughts are going to change over and over, again and again! You are 16!!! I had my first Gucci bag at 12, I had a bmw at 16..blah blah blah...live your life, love your youth, you have your whole life to worry, change and save the world! My parents drove me crazy when I was a teenager, that is part of growing up! I ADORE my parents ( I recently lost my father) but I LOVE them. You are entirely too young to be so serious and so worried! HAVE FUN!! I promise all the problems will still be here later! I could go on and on...you can not get these young years back. Try and have some fun..(with a great bag on your shoulder)

you're 16? i'm 16, and let me tell you right now i'm worrying more about what college i'll get into next year (i'm a junior) more so than how the rest of my life will go. it sounds like you and i have a lot in common as far as how we were brought up, and you have a lot of time before having to decide on final careers and such.

From what I could understand, I agree with you and I'm glad that you realized that life is not about material objects. My parents are kind of the same way, not wanting me to major in journalism because supposedly it doesn't make enough money. It sucks when parents do not support their children's dreams, but that should just give you more drive to prove everyone wrong.

Even though my family is pretty well off, I can't even imagine having an LV at the 12, I didn't use purses at that age! All I wanted was winnie the pooh stuff!

Anyways, I'm sure every mother on this forum does a fantastic job. Although a little spoiling may be involved, I'm sure they keep their kids very down to earth.

I think it's really brave of you to be so open and honest. I think you should just be happy with the person you are now and inside. You seem really kind and smart and sweet. I think maybe one day you can change the world. Yeah, you do need money for certain things, but there so many other ways to help.

jennyecklund said:
Yes, I know i wont be able to, I am going to be a teacher ot pastor. So far in my experiences... I have only met one pastor able to afford things like i grew up w/... and teachers... we all know whatteachers get paid..
You are only 16 and still a long long way to go, and things change constantly. No one know what will happen next, right? Maybe in the future you will find other things (love, job, family etc) that replace your luxury materialistic needs ( ok maybe not completely but...) all I want to say is that you are still young,and you never know what you will become in the future, so you shouldn't worry about how you can't NOT afford your life, instead try live today as today and do your best in school. If you don't start building a good foundation now, it is hard to go anywhere later.

Thank you girls and guys... sorry this thread was soo confusing and outt here i just thought i had to share what has happened to me in my young life. I can't plan what's going to happen, I can reach for success, and pray for the best. (all w/ a wondeful hand bag!!!)

I love bags, and Ill keep on splurging on a good handbag as long as i can... this forum taught me that their are amazing people out there, kind people that share a love of bags, and even though they are fortunate and well of stay sweet, sincere, and kind.
THankyou!!

ps. This is my last serious post!!! :smile:

Jenny...You have made a very heartfelt post and I appreciate it. You sound as if you are learning about the wider world and truly want to make good judgments in life. No one's parents are perfect, but most try hard to do the things they think are right. I'm sure yours do too.