Chick flicks

Goldensx5

O.G.
Mar 30, 2006
Fun thread. Pretty Woman (all time fave), Mona Lisa Smile, Stepmom, Something to Talk About, While You Were Sleeping, Miss Congeniality, Return to Me (loved this one too..saw it several times), My Best Friend's Wedding, Spanglish, Working Girl, As Good as it Gets, Somethings Gotta Give, White Chicks, View From the Top,Bridget Jones 1 & 2, Serendipity, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Sweet Home Alabama, What Women Want, Never Been Kissed, Raising Helen, French Kiss, Forget Paris, Upside of Anger, 13 Going on 30, You've Got Mail/Sleepless in Seattle, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Knotting Hill, Kate & Leopold, Mean Girls, sooo many good ones...

Oct 24, 2005
UK
Love Actually's a cool one, but I'm kind of the anti-chick-flick chick. I like when stuff gets blown up. :shame:

I do watch Titanic tho'.

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
If you ask my DH, everything I watch (mostly dramas) is a chick flick!!

Out of Africa
Elizabeth
Sense and Sensibility
Places in the Heart
Where the Heart Is
Legally Blonde
Clueless

I could go on and on.... ;)

Lorri-G

Nevermind
Feb 15, 2006
LI
bagnshoofetish said:
can't forget the best chick flick of all:

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT!

I still cry like a baby at the end. every friggin time.
TOE is one of the movies I'll watch over and over again. love it
Lorri

addicted

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
cate22 said:
Addicted - I think we like the same kind of chick flicks. :lol:
I have all of them except for Shadowlands. Who's in that one?
You have all of them? I usually just rent on netflix. Anthony Hopkins is in Shadowlands...you've got to see it. Cried like a baby when I watched it. My friend recommended to me. My husband even thought it was good. It's a true story about CS Lewis (children's author). SOOOO good!!!!!:P

nikki213

Accesories Addict
Mar 25, 2006
Boston
#1 Beaches! My personal favorite movie of all time. How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, When Harry Met Sally, Steel Magnolias, & The Notebook are also on my list.

Reactions: scarlett_2005
Jan 16, 2006
love affair
boys on the side
serendipity
romy and michelle
the wedding singer
there' s something about mary
driving in cars with boys

jillybean307

Wanderlust
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Dirty Dancing is the ultimate chick flick movie! I watched it so much as a pre-teen that I wore the tape out (how can you not watch the ending a million times!)

I love 10 Things I Hate About You, A League of Their Own, Fried Green Tomatoes, Thelma and Louise, Beaches, Love Actually, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Mean Girls, The Notebook, Practical Magic, Pretty Woman, Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffanys, etc. I love chick flicks, they're the best to watch when you're home sick.

nubiancooki

Jan 4, 2006
Brown Sugar
Titanic
Under the Tuscan Sun
Mona Lisa Smile
Stepmom
Spanglish
Titanic
Steel Magnolias
As Good as it Gets
Bridget Jones 1 & 2

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I first thought of

Jan 27, 2006
I don't watch a lot of chick flicks, but I am a sucker for any of the ones with Hugh Grant in them. (Two Weeks Notice, Bridget Jones, About a Boy)

Some other ones I enjoy:
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
Return To Me
Mean Girls
50 First Dates

Dec 14, 2005
USA
nikki213 said:
#1 Beaches! My personal favorite movie of all time. How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, When Harry Met Sally, Steel Magnolias, & The Notebook are also on my list.
I totally forgot about Beaches. I love that movie!!