chick downtown?

Apr 23, 2006
how are everyone's experiences lately with chick downtown? i know there have been lots of problems in the past, but they revamped and hired a new cs manager - is that helping? is anyone still ordering from them? LOL

I've only ever considered buying from them when there's a big sale, that way if I did in fact receive an item I was disatisfied with, it wouldn't be the hugest upset. With that said, I've never ordered from them.

I will never buy from them again... a few months back I purchased a pair of Loeffler Randall boots and they were supposedly in stock- it took over 6 weeks for them to ship them out, but by this time I was disputing the charge with my credit card company. Finally FED EX show up at my door and I refuse the package, so I did get my money refunded, but customer service was HORRID. I hope they have changed because they do have some good sales!

I bought from them in july when they had 30% off and I didn't have a problem, the shipping was an ok speed and the clothes came really nicely wrapped in cute boxes and ribbon.

I'm still ordering from them (and have been about once a month for about the last year). The things I've noticed lately:
-Still super fast shipping to Canada, but you have to specify that you want UPS shipping and not USPS (which takes FOREVER) as soon as you order
-I have a pre-ordered item coming next week, and they emailed this weekend to confirm that it was still on backorder and they are expecting it this week (they haven't done that before)

HTH!

i have shopped w/ them before and i was really lucky to get all my items in a timely fashion (1 wk?). But, their customer service is truly HORRID. You can keep calling at various times and you would be LUCKY to speak to a live person. 99% of the time it just goes to voicemail and I have left several and they never called me back!! Grr...

what makes their "service" confusing is that after you order, about 1 day later, you get a notification from UPS that the item is shipped but if you enter the tracking #, all is says is "shipment notification from sender." So technically UPS does not have your package..but it makes you anxious...and on top of that, it is very difficult to get in touch w/ their live service rep...just makes the whole process very frustrating.

i treat chickdowntown as my last resort. i would much rather shop w/ revolve or shopbop and other internet retailers BEFORE even looking at chickdowntown.