Travel CHICAGO! Tips, restaurants and hotel advice!

I used to live right near the Omni hotel, these are some of my fave cafes/restaurants that are walkable from your hotel.
- Volare is a great (but very busy/noisy) Italian, the food is delicious.
- Phil Stefani's (the one at 437 Rush), great Italian for dinner.
- Bijans on Erie/State is fantastic all day long, I'd recommend having brunch here. It's really laid back and casual, a lot of locals eat here.
- RL (the cafe at Ralph Lauren) is another good spot for brunch or lunch, it's a little over priced but the food is nice and I love their bellinis!!
- Quartino on State St is perfect if you want casual Italian for lunch, they do great pizzas, they have good outside seating, it's a nice spot for a glass of wine and a pizza.
- Pierrot Gourmet on Rush St (a stone throw from your hotel if you're looking for great coffee in the morning) is fantastic for brunch or lunch, I really miss this place!

Pops for Champagne is a really nice champagne bar on State/Ohio, I really recommend it.

You could come around the St. Louis area :smile: We are nice!

Actually, Lake of the Ozarks is nice, if you haven't been there before.. boating, shopping, camping, its really nice!

GL!

Don't forget about Giordano's on Rush Street. The best deep dish pizza in Chicago.

if you are an SNL fan...you should definitely go to Billy Goat Tavern.

Go up to the Signature Lounge of the Hancock Tower for a drink....you get the same view as paying the $15 fee to go to the observatory, but you get to relax and have a drink or appetizer!

Signature room for drinks during sunset. It is on the top floor of the Hancock Building. Spectacular view of the city! The also have an incredible brunch there on Sundays.

Restaurant-Topolobampa(Rick Bayless restaurant), Gibson's(great old-school steak house), Charlie Trotter, BOKA, Japonais,Tru. Gosh, the list is endless. This city has so many excellent restaurants. Also, The new ***** Building has a restaurant, Sixteen, I have only heard good things about it and it has a beautiful view of the Chicago River.
Entertainment-Redhead Piano Bar, Chicago Architectural Boat Tour, Cubs game at Wrigleyfield and during summer there are street festivals every weekend, a great way to check out a local Chicago neighborhood.

Have a great time and Chicago is at its BEST during the summer. You are gonna love it.

Sixteen is great! We went there for dinner and drinks just before we moved, I highly recommend it. My parents have been a few times since it opened as well and they rave about it too.

Le Passage is a fun lounge/bar, as is the Fulton Lounge. Both have fashionable, young crowds. Fulton Lounge is probably my favorite in Chicago... it's mellow but still upbeat, and everyone looks gorgeous. The drinks are delish, also.

Tru is fabulous. Fab-u-lous. Seriously. MK is also incredible, and decently priced at around $30-$50 per plate. Blackbird is also fabulous.

When in Chicago, I suggest staying away from those corporate-chain-type restaurants... Chicago's best are always family or independently owned restaurants that you simply won't find elsewhere. Take advantage of them while you're here.

Be sure to check out our beautiful museums... the Art Institute is not to be missed. I think the collection rivals if not overshadows the Met's. The Museum of Contemporary Art is also great... and conveniently located next to all the good shopping. The Smart Museum on the South Side is fantastic and may be worth the extra effort if you're a true art lover.

Going to Chicago next month! Are there any good second hand designer stores near michigan avenue? I will be stayin at the Intercontinental on mich, and am looking forward to some good shopping!

There is one on Oak Street right off of Michigan Ave, the same street as the Hermes store. I can't recall the name at the moment but it should be fairly easily to spot. I think it's like "Daisy's Consignment" or something? I don't think any of the consignment stores in Chicago are especially great to be honest with you. The best one is a short walk away from Michigan Avenue on Dearborn and Erie... it's right on that corner (again, can't recall the name, sorry). They don't have many bags, but they do have lots of designer clothes.

^^^the Daisy shop or something similar. It's not on street level. I've been in there and maybe just at a bad time, but I didn't see anything great for sale. It's more fun to admire all the stuff on the rest of Oak Street and Michigan Ave.

I have had alot of people telling me they wanted to see tons of pictures of my Chicago trip over the next four days.
Since this being tPF... what better way than to start off with bags!!! (excuse my messy room!)
So this is a picture of all the bags that I am taking:

IMG_0443.jpg

From left to right:
Louis Vuitton Speedy 40
Coach glutch (my guy-clutch for dinners musicals and shopping trips where I don't need much!)
Michael by Michael Kors Monogram Rolling Trunk
Dooney & Bourke Alto Large Frame Pocket Satchel
Micheal by Michael Kors Jet Set Tote

That's alot of bags for four days! HA!

Well, the speedy was supposed to be my main bag, but since friday and saturday is supposed to thunderstorm, Speedy will have to wait for Sunday to come out!

Now Dooney gets a turn being my main bag!

Hang on for alot more pics over the next few days I will be posting TONS as soon as we leave in the morning... and when I say morning.. I mean MORNING... 5:30!!! Upon arrival, we will check into the InterContinental Hotel on Michigan Avenue... just a block away from COACH!!!

Be prepared for LOT of pics, I will be doing alot of sightseeing, museum seeing, and SHOPPING!

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Now for those of you who are curious...

This trunk holds ALOT!

IMG_0444.jpg

Here is a list:
3 Polos
3 Button-up Shirts
1 Cardigan
4 pairs of shorts
1 pair of dress pants
1 belt
1 tie (my FAVORITE vintage Dior!)
2 t-shirts
1 pair of flip flops
(enough underwear for a week)
And my Michael Kors Malibu Toiletries Case
Which is holding:
My Cologne
Travel Deodorent
Toothbrush
(toothpaste will be added in the morning!

So, this case is quite a trooper! And I didn't even have to use any of my bf's suitcase!