Travel CHICAGO! Tips, restaurants and hotel advice!

While he is in business meetings during the day, there are a bunch of things you can do! Like everyone said, shopping, museums, etc.

The Architecture Foundation does walking tours around the city, Chicago has some very interesting architecture, so I would definitely recommend those if you like that kind of stuff.
http://www.architecture.org/
The Historical Society also offers tours, but I believe most of them are on the weekends... so hopefully your SO won't have meetings then :smile:
The Wendella river boat tours are another great option.

Personally, I don't get the appeal of Navy Pier, and probably never will... maybe if I had little kids, I guess. However, there is a great Shakespeare Theater there, and there are evening cruises that take you out onto the lake for great views of the skyline at night. Also, on a Saturday night you would get to see the sky line and the fireworks which are every Saturday - or Wednesday (I think) - night from Navy Pier.

If the weather is nice enough, check before you head over here, you can always relax and get some sun on the beach too!

I don't want to repeat what others have said, you have gotten some good suggestions :smile: Oh, and another place for you to check for things going on before you arrive in Chicago is Metromix.com lots of listings of events, restaurants, etc.

I really loved the architectural boat tour. And we ate at the original Uno's. Also, Michigan Ave shopping - had food at a great Italian place across the street from Chanel, can't remember the name now. Art Institute is a must see and the Bean sculpture is really cute. Great city.

Also, if you want a classic Chicago experience go to Gene and Georgetti's. I pratically grew up there! My mom created "Chicken alla Joe" and we named after our fave waiter who always took care of us!!!

Gene & Georgetti

For amazing chinese/asian cuisine hit up Shanghai Terrace at the Peninsula.

Chicago Chinese Restaurant: Shanghai Terrace, The Peninsula, Chicago
I'll post more when I remember.......

Manny's deli has the BEST matzoh ball soup!!!

Is it humid in Chicago in the summer?? I just moved there in December from the Houston area and I had the impression it wouldn't be nearly as bad as down there... please tell me I am right..I was looking forward to not sweating my way through summer.

My Dh and I went to Chigaco Last september for a week! WE LOVED it!!! WE stayed in The Loop at the Palmer House Hilton. I had so much fun eating all the Delicious Pastas and Pizzas. And there are tons of shops, museums you wont be bored~

And I have officially fallen in love with that city. It's beautiful. :love:

The one thing that I remember so vividly is when I was on a boat tour of Lake Michigan and the Chicago River. The view is incredible. As we passed the buildings while on the river, that's the moment where I fell in love LOL. I didn't want to leave Chicago and I can't wait to go back to it!