Chicago sample sales or places with great deals?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am in Chicago until Sunday, do you know of any sample sales this weekend or places with great deals (like century 21 in NYC)?

Thanks!

2. Hi Diz and welcome to Chi Town! Style Chicago sometimes posts about sample sales, but we don't really have the type that can be found in NYC. Here is the site:

http://www.stylechicago.com/Category.asp?ID=139

Other than that, lots of stores on Michigan Avenue are having sales right now, but much of it is picked over. There are sales at Saks, Barneys, and NM. I have been to all of them in the last week and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot, but who knows, you might find a treasure!

If you don't mind rummaging, you can check out Filene's basement on Michigan Ave. There is also a discount shopping area on State street with a Filenes, TJ Maxx, Lohmann's and Nordstrom Rack all in one area. Those stores are all on State near the original Marshall Fields (now Macys).

There are some boutiques to check out, but I don't know how the sales are there. Try Ultimo on Oak Street. Oak Street is right off of Michigan Ave. and is where you will also find Hermes, Prada, YSL, etc. Then around the corner on Rush is Jake and Ikram.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the city!

3. Thanks so much! I will let you know how it goes :smile: