Chicago meeting later this spring, anyone?

Finally, this tread got going. May 3rd sounds very good. But for location may i suggest the Starbucks closets to Oak street? It is also fairly new and they have seating outside for convenience.

Finally, this tread got going. May 3rd sounds very good. But for location may i suggest the Starbucks closets to Oak street? It is also fairly new and they have seating outside for convenience.

That sounds like a good location too. What are the cross streets Oak and Rush? Also, do they have inside seeting as well (in the event that we get a bit of rain that day)?

Yes, the official date is May 3rd. We are not going to change it. Out of towners, feel free to go ahead and make your plans!

The tentative meeting place is definitely a Starbs around/on Michigan Avenue. There are about 10 Starbs in the Mich. Ave. area. Here are the locations of the four closest ones:

Rush & Oak (near the top of Mich. Ave.)
Rush & Chestnut (just south of Rush & Oak)
Michigan & Ontario (I think this is in or near the Courtyard/Marriott?)
505 N. Michigan (brand new, next to Intercontinental hotel)

I have not been to all of them. We need a place with indoor seating for a larger group for the pre-shopping meet & greet. If anyone knows the seating situation at those Starbs locations, it would be helpful (please post here or PM me). If not, I can go check them out or call them.

OOh Love Starbucks and I am going to that location when I go downtown shopping tomorrow! I have to to take my bag to Chanel to get fixed :crybaby:

Hopefully it will be a lot nicer by May 3 also!!

Hi Everyone! So after many phone calls I have obtained the seating capacity info.

Oak & Rush seats 35 people
505 N. Michigan Ave. seats 95 people
The other two stores I mentioned earlier are just too small.

IntlSet: I think that you may have had the 505 N. Michigan store confused with the one near Tribune tower at 444 N. Michigan. You are right, the 444 location is really small and would not have worked!

After speaking with managers at both stores, I have learned that both locations are busy on Saturday mornings. However, once we get a head count, there is a possibility that they may be able to make some space for us. Typically they don't take reservations.

If it's OK, I'm going to make an executive decision and select the 505 N. Michigan Ave. location. It is 2400 square feet and is the largest Chicagoland store. We will have plenty of room in the event that a lot of people are able to make it to Chicago. This location will allow us to shop our way north up Michigan Avenue, take a left on Oak and hit the stores there too (Hermes, Barneys, etc.).

Our meet will be held on May 3rd (in the morning, time to be determined) at the large Starbucks located at: 505 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.

Now we just need to choose a time and spread the word!