Chic vs Vibram

***VIBRAM OR CHIC****

I know this forum seems to be Vibram crazy. I would love to see the new Vibram red against the soles with the chic logo (anyone know the maker?). My CL boutique shipped mine out to the high end cobbler of the neighborhood named Avo at De Luxe shoe repair in Newport Beach, CA.

He works on all kinds of high end shoes but uses the Chic Logo rubber soles as he says they are a better color match and the Vibram are a bit more orangish. I find it hard to believe he hasn't seen the newest Vibram red. I kind of feel a bit helpless here being the store sent them to him directly. I heard his work is good but I do feel I will ask him to not paint the edges black on the Wallis (if that is the pair I keep... long story). I don't like messy black bleed edging under the sole.

Anyone have any great success or bad stories with this brand of sole. Please post pics!

I'll be seeing him really soon... like tomorrow. :nuts:

I :heart: :heart: De Luxe. Probably more so because I know them through a family friend, but they take care of my shoes like no other. I've had a couple pairs vibramed from them but I don't know what you mean by chic logo? It says varese on mine. Avo isn't the neighborhood, that's the cobblers name :P. It is located in Newport Beach. I will not trust anyone else with my babies. They curve the edges of the rubber in and black them out for you, no need to ask... you won't even be able to tell from looking down on them that they are soled:smile:.

the rubber sole has probably gotten about 5x wear but I don't see myself needing it resoled for a long time.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,153
Thanks so much! Yes I do know that Avo is the name of the Cobbler. I actually spoke to him over the phone. Sorry. Maybe I worded it a bit confusing. :biggrin: Thanks for the great pic! I would still love to see someone with the other type (Chic). The CL store showed me the versions they had waiting for some clients with the soles that show the "chic" logo name instead of the Vibram brand. I spoke to Avo and asked him if he had Vibram. He said he wasn't using it. He said the Vibram were more orange in color and the "chic" were a better match. It's a bit mixed info I'm getting because on the forum I hear that the new red Vibram is an amazing color match.

I hope to go see him tomorrow. Anyone else have pics please post and thanks so much for your quick replies! Yay! I know I'll have clarity and at least now I can feel my new babies are in good hands with Avo at De Luxe in Newport Beach! Thank you madamelizaking! BTW... were your edges painted black and they just wore down? The pairs I saw at CL had maybe 1/8" bleed around the outside edge of the sole bottom so I was thinking of not having them painted.

Btw.. nice collection! :smile: This is my first. I think I'll be hooked now.

thanks :smile:. It surely is an addiction! I just did some research and Chic is the brand name for the varese soles. They may have just changed the name on it. I used to have vibrams and personally I like the chic better. As for the black bleeding through I didn't have that happen to mine and it looks MUCH better than having the red show. You should stop by neimans when you go, Fashion Island is across the street. Also, I'm pretty sure they're closed tomorrow so I would call to check :smile:.

ShootingStars: I think you may be talking about the soles that are CL red and have Msr. Louboutin's actual signature (like what is on the dustbag) on the bottom of the soles. I have seen online one picture of those soles here on TPF and they were amazing-but I can't seem to find that thread. It came out about 3-4 weeks ago. If you search, you may be able to find it or you may get a response from the person that got them. I want to say maybe it was Nakedmosher.....Sorry if that is wrong, that is just what my memory is telling me.

My cobbler is now using Chic vibrams. They used Varese before, but they switched to Chic recently, and I agree that the color matches better. I'll see if I can take some pics for you.

ShootingStars: I think you may be talking about the soles that are CL red and have Msr. Louboutin's actual signature (like what is on the dustbag) on the bottom of the soles. I have seen online one picture of those soles here on TPF and they were amazing-but I can't seem to find that thread. It came out about 3-4 weeks ago.

You can see the soles in question here.

Fashion- No, she's talking about Chic available here in the US

Pepamint- Yes, you can only get it at MM7 :smile:

I was wrong about Varese and Chic being the same company. I researched it more and saw that Chic - Varese actually meant two different brands. THe last time I had a pair soled was last Nov so they must just recently got this :smile: I'm gonna take some in to get soled and I'm loving the color match!
Thanks Pr1nc355 for posting pics!!

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any pictures of the Soletech sole. I'm thinking of going to LeatherSpa and I heard that they exclusively use Soletech. I cannot find any pictures of the color "red" for these. I know Chic is a very close match to the red but I can't find them anywhere to purchase.
thanks!