Chic or Shriek !!!!!!

Jan 23, 2006
Are there any colours out there that you feel you should stay away from ?

or certain colour combinations?

Why ?

Yellow is a colour that could have a lot of shrieks if not styled properly,

For Example:

1 Wearing Black & Yellow, one could end up looking like a Bumble Bee.

2 Red & Green (dark green ) should only be seen at Christmas.?

i hate orange and black together it reminds me of spiders and bratty toddlers with sticky candy hands *shudders* I also don't really wear a lot of red i like it i just don't wear it a lot lol

Shrieks:
  • People who wear every single (mis-matched!) green article of clothing they own on St. Paddy's Day
  • More than one neon color worn together
  • Black socks with sandals (pretty much ANY socks with sandals on anyone except young children and old men)
  • Red and pink worn together
  • Multiple articles of camouflage print worn at the same time
  • Anything overmatched - same color from shoes to eyeshadow
Chic:
  • Green (one at a time, please!) - it's the new neutral!
  • Pale pink and bright raspberry layered (I can't pull this off with my coloring, but I've seen people who can make it look smashing)
  • a single bright color on an otherwise neutral palette (orange bag with a beige or gray ensemble)
  • brown and black worn together

It's funny, when I saw this subject I thought it said Chic or Shrek! :smile:

I have a white blouse that I wear with jeans & a chocolate brown bag & I think that looks chic...the white & chocolate...if I say so myself. :smile:

I think too many metallics would make me shriek...gold bag with silver shoes.

Chic- Black & White ..especially this season..its in!

Shriek-When people match their eyeshadow to their shirts!,also black lip liner.. NO one naturally has black lined lips..its nasty

I absolutely hate all those rust browns, mustards and oranges that seem to appear in the stores every year when fall hits. This ties in with my other colour pet peeve - people who wear earthy shades when their complexions are crying out for something else!

Can you tell I'm a big fan of knowing your colours and sticking to your "season"? :smile:

Jadore said:
Shriek-When people match their eyeshadow to their shirts!,also black lip liner.. NO one naturally has black lined lips..its nasty

Black lip liner - yeah, isn't that tacky? Especially when they pair it with frosted light lipstick. :sick:

LadyLicorice said:
I absolutely hate all those rust browns, mustards and oranges that seem to appear in the stores every year when fall hits. This ties in with my other colour pet peeve - people who wear earthy shades when their complexions are crying out for something else!

Can you tell I'm a big fan of knowing your colours and sticking to your "season"? :smile:

Heh. Fall is my season. :biggrin:

I think your jewelry should match your outfit. Like if your wearing dark color, I dont think white gold or silver looks good. I also don't think it look good wear like silver/white gold earring with a gold necklace. I once saw someone wear black pearl earing with a white necklace.