• Fashionphile's Very Merry Sale launched today and ends on Friday at 11:59pm EST! $100 off your order of $1,000+ with code MERRY100, $200 off your order of $2,000+ with code MERRY200, or $300 off your order of $3,000+ with code MERRY300! Click or tap here to shop and save!

Chic or Shriek !!!!!!

Jan 23, 2006
New York New York
Are there any colours out there that you feel you should stay away from ?

or certain colour combinations?

Why ?

Yellow is a colour that could have a lot of shrieks if not styled properly,

For Example:

1 Wearing Black & Yellow, one could end up looking like a Bumble Bee.

2 Red & Green (dark green ) should only be seen at Christmas.?

marspalm

pursefreak<3
Jan 21, 2006
New Jersey
i hate orange and black together it reminds me of spiders and bratty toddlers with sticky candy hands *shudders* I also don't really wear a lot of red i like it i just don't wear it a lot lol

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
Los Angeles
www.unefemme.net
Shrieks:
  • People who wear every single (mis-matched!) green article of clothing they own on St. Paddy's Day
  • More than one neon color worn together
  • Black socks with sandals (pretty much ANY socks with sandals on anyone except young children and old men)
  • Red and pink worn together
  • Multiple articles of camouflage print worn at the same time
  • Anything overmatched - same color from shoes to eyeshadow
Chic:
  • Green (one at a time, please!) - it's the new neutral!
  • Pale pink and bright raspberry layered (I can't pull this off with my coloring, but I've seen people who can make it look smashing)
  • a single bright color on an otherwise neutral palette (orange bag with a beige or gray ensemble)
  • brown and black worn together

eyelove

night sky
Feb 23, 2006
Chic: I like to wear classic-cut white shirts.

Shriek: Head-to-toe all-white outfits....reminds me of "The Loveboat"...

Charlotte!

Feb 24, 2006
It's funny, when I saw this subject I thought it said Chic or Shrek! :smile:

I have a white blouse that I wear with jeans & a chocolate brown bag & I think that looks chic...the white & chocolate...if I say so myself. :smile:

I think too many metallics would make me shriek...gold bag with silver shoes.

Jadore

Shoe Addict
Dec 31, 2005
nyc
Chic- Black & White ..especially this season..its in!

Shriek-When people match their eyeshadow to their shirts!,also black lip liner.. NO one naturally has black lined lips..its nasty

LadyLicorice

Jan 21, 2006
I absolutely hate all those rust browns, mustards and oranges that seem to appear in the stores every year when fall hits. This ties in with my other colour pet peeve - people who wear earthy shades when their complexions are crying out for something else!

Can you tell I'm a big fan of knowing your colours and sticking to your "season"? :smile:

eyelove

night sky
Feb 23, 2006
Jadore said:
Shriek-When people match their eyeshadow to their shirts!,also black lip liner.. NO one naturally has black lined lips..its nasty

Black lip liner - yeah, isn't that tacky? Especially when they pair it with frosted light lipstick. :sick:

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
Los Angeles
www.unefemme.net
LadyLicorice said:
I absolutely hate all those rust browns, mustards and oranges that seem to appear in the stores every year when fall hits. This ties in with my other colour pet peeve - people who wear earthy shades when their complexions are crying out for something else!

Can you tell I'm a big fan of knowing your colours and sticking to your "season"? :smile:
Heh. Fall is my season. :biggrin:

edsbgrl

Smile!
O.G.
Dec 14, 2005
Definate shriek - wearing two different shades of black at the same time. ie. A black blazer and faded black slacks. Tacky Tacky Tacky!

purselova34

Jan 15, 2006
NJ
I think your jewelry should match your outfit. Like if your wearing dark color, I dont think white gold or silver looks good. I also don't think it look good wear like silver/white gold earring with a gold necklace. I once saw someone wear black pearl earing with a white necklace.