Chic or Shriek !!!!!!

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Are there any colours out there that you feel you should stay away from ?

or certain colour combinations?

Why ?

Yellow is a colour that could have a lot of shrieks if not styled properly,

For Example:

1 Wearing Black & Yellow, one could end up looking like a Bumble Bee.

2 Red & Green (dark green ) should only be seen at Christmas.?

2. i hate orange and black together it reminds me of spiders and bratty toddlers with sticky candy hands *shudders* I also don't really wear a lot of red i like it i just don't wear it a lot lol

3. Shrieks:
    • People who wear every single (mis-matched!) green article of clothing they own on St. Paddy's Day
    • More than one neon color worn together
    • Black socks with sandals (pretty much ANY socks with sandals on anyone except young children and old men)
    • Red and pink worn together
    • Multiple articles of camouflage print worn at the same time
    • Anything overmatched - same color from shoes to eyeshadow
    Chic:
    • Green (one at a time, please!) - it's the new neutral!
    • Pale pink and bright raspberry layered (I can't pull this off with my coloring, but I've seen people who can make it look smashing)
    • a single bright color on an otherwise neutral palette (orange bag with a beige or gray ensemble)
    • brown and black worn together

4. Chic: I like to wear classic-cut white shirts.

Shriek: Head-to-toe all-white outfits....reminds me of "The Loveboat"...

5. Ooh, yes!!!!

6. It's funny, when I saw this subject I thought it said Chic or Shrek! :smile:

I have a white blouse that I wear with jeans & a chocolate brown bag & I think that looks chic...the white & chocolate...if I say so myself. :smile:

I think too many metallics would make me shriek...gold bag with silver shoes.

7. shriek: denim jackets with denim pants, especially if they match

8. Chic- Black & White ..especially this season..its in!

Shriek-When people match their eyeshadow to their shirts!,also black lip liner.. NO one naturally has black lined lips..its nasty

9. I absolutely hate all those rust browns, mustards and oranges that seem to appear in the stores every year when fall hits. This ties in with my other colour pet peeve - people who wear earthy shades when their complexions are crying out for something else!

Can you tell I'm a big fan of knowing your colours and sticking to your "season"? :smile:

10. orange if not worn properly can make you look like a pumpkin.

11. Black lip liner - yeah, isn't that tacky? Especially when they pair it with frosted light lipstick. :sick:

12. Heh. Fall is my season. :biggrin:

13. yeah ! thats a good one. :nuts:

14. Definate shriek - wearing two different shades of black at the same time. ie. A black blazer and faded black slacks. Tacky Tacky Tacky!

15. I think your jewelry should match your outfit. Like if your wearing dark color, I dont think white gold or silver looks good. I also don't think it look good wear like silver/white gold earring with a gold necklace. I once saw someone wear black pearl earing with a white necklace.