Chic decisions

Omg that is a tough one! I can see why you're torn! I think your W bag is gorgeous and I doubt you will see many because of the price point. It also doesn't scream LV! That being said, I love the Celines too. I too am a sucker for crossbody bags lol. I feel the nano is a great practical, casual bag and your other two options can be dressed up or down. I believe all three have staying power. Is it possible to order the others or at least try them? That can be a deal breaker sometimes. I've many times lusted over a bag only to be deflated after I saw it irl. Otherwise... Just close your eyes....picture all three bags and choose the one that makes your heart skip a beat. Good luck!

NANO CELINE 2,700 USD - last year $2400 USD
Is a new classic already. yet fun and cool for a busy/jet set live :smile:
Holds its shape.
Bag is well closed off and practical.

TRAPEZE MINI size CELINE $2,700 USD
Is very nice and chic on pictures, ages not so well when you have suede or pony skin parts.
Bags don´t hold shape well when its to full with items and with age .
If you don´t pay attention to the side press buttons your bag is open on the side - items may fall out or get stolen.

W BB size LOUIS VUITTON $3,950.00 (USD)
PRO
Well the bag W style is two season young your size is new this season.
Style wise i feel its taking some notes from the Celine design book.
Its a bag that LV hopes becomes one of the new status leather classic bags hence the high price.
I don´t mind the shape and i have to say you make the bag look better then on the shelve´s.
CON
But if i look that you have a BV and a Chloe the BV will be and is already a very chic and future classic bag brand and style. the Chloe you will sell next year on E bay for less than you paid for it.
If you want to built a lasting bag collection and as investment i would focus on bags/brands that are not so new in the season and go for a Celine Nano in this case as a practical fashion bag.
You are paying at LV a very high price for a risk that by next year this bag could be seen as last trend because of the funny LV needle point logo monogram on the sides.

Never the less the bag looks really nice on you because your beautiful woman and not because the bag is amazing by it self.

My final advise is return it get a Nano or Trapeze and save the 1000 USD for another future dream bag.
I like the new direction of LV but its to early to pay a premium for these leather bags they are trying out now.

Great points! I hope we're helping her lol

I have to agree with Sander.

I have the Nano Celine and am literally obsessed with it. You can fit a surpassingly huge amount of stuff in it and it is such a classic, particularly if you can get it in black.

They are hard to track down tho. I searched for 9 months for mine!

Sxx

Your LV bag is the first LV I've looked at twice. I think it's very interesting. I think it will be more unusual than the nano (IMO), thus may have more "staying power."

Nice quandry to have.

personally, when it comes to special bag purchases, I don't necessarily think it's best to be practical and think things through a ton. you said yourself that you spontaneously fell in love with the LV bag and for whatever reason were drawn to it.

so that's the bag I think you should keep. personally out of all the bags I own, the ones that I just walked into the store and saw and bought are my favorite and most used. the ones that I thought about for months and kept looking up pictures of and weighing the pros and cons of just sit in my closet.

but maybe that's just me.
This is certainly food for thought. I like your perspective.

NANO CELINE 2,700 USD - last year $2400 USD
Is a new classic already. yet fun and cool for a busy/jet set live :smile:
Holds its shape.
Bag is well closed off and practical.

TRAPEZE MINI size CELINE $2,700 USD
Is very nice and chic on pictures, ages not so well when you have suede or pony skin parts.
Bags don´t hold shape well when its to full with items and with age .
If you don´t pay attention to the side press buttons your bag is open on the side - items may fall out or get stolen.

W BB size LOUIS VUITTON $3,950.00 (USD)
PRO
Well the bag W style is two season young your size is new this season.
Style wise i feel its taking some notes from the Celine design book.
Its a bag that LV hopes becomes one of the new status leather classic bags hence the high price.
I don´t mind the shape and i have to say you make the bag look better then on the shelve´s.
CON
But if i look that you have a BV and a Chloe the BV will be and is already a very chic and future classic bag brand and style. the Chloe you will sell next year on E bay for less than you paid for it.
If you want to built a lasting bag collection and as investment i would focus on bags/brands that are not so new in the season and go for a Celine Nano in this case as a practical fashion bag.
You are paying at LV a very high price for a risk that by next year this bag could be seen as last trend because of the funny LV needle point logo monogram on the sides.

Never the less the bag looks really nice on you because your beautiful woman and not because the bag is amazing by it self.

My final advise is return it get a Nano or Trapeze and save the 1000 USD for another future dream bag.
I like the new direction of LV but its to early to pay a premium for these leather bags they are trying out now.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this well thought-out reply. Thank you. I found myself reading it and nodding a lot. :smile:

When it comes to the LV, I think if it were around the same price as the others I would feel better about it. I love the needlepoint monogram like you mentioned, but I'm super frightened it will get very dirty. I take care of my bags but do NOT like fretting over them. I also agree it takes it's style cues from Celine. Probably why I like it.

Actually, if you think about it, it's kind of a mashup of the nano and trapeze!

I laughed out loud a the Chloe/BV comparison. You are indeed right. I love my Chloe's, but they are not great at holding their value.

Thanks again for your time and thought.

Omg that is a tough one! I can see why you're torn! I think your W bag is gorgeous and I doubt you will see many because of the price point. It also doesn't scream LV! That being said, I love the Celines too. I too am a sucker for crossbody bags lol. I feel the nano is a great practical, casual bag and your other two options can be dressed up or down. I believe all three have staying power. Is it possible to order the others or at least try them? That can be a deal breaker sometimes. I've many times lusted over a bag only to be deflated after I saw it irl. Otherwise... Just close your eyes....picture all three bags and choose the one that makes your heart skip a beat. Good luck!
I also think it doesn't scream LV, one of the reasons I liked it!
I'm so stuck with choosing and ordering. The only places I can order the bags are the boutiques and they are non refundable... Why can't I live in a cool city?! The nearest place that *might have Celine is Chicago (a 3 hour drive) and word is, they're slim pickings there too.
Sound the sad trumpet. ;)

Your LV bag is the first LV I've looked at twice. I think it's very interesting. I think it will be more unusual than the nano (IMO), thus may have more "staying power."

Nice quandry to have.

First one I looked at twice too! The only one in the store I liked!

And "nice quandary..." you can say that again! ha! I was sort of moping about it yesterday and then I was like - "seriously, sarah?" (my name) Talk about first world problems. I would be embarrassed if anyone around me who aren't into handbags knew...

And I think I've already embarrassed myself enough on these forums with this whole situation... :/

First one I looked at twice too! The only one in the store I liked!

And "nice quandary..." you can say that again! ha! I was sort of moping about it yesterday and then I was like - "seriously, sarah?" (my name) Talk about first world problems. I would be embarrassed if anyone around me who aren't into handbags knew...

And I think I've already embarrassed myself enough on these forums with this whole situation... :/

don't be embarrassed, what would we all talk about on here if people didn't want opinions on stuff like this? this is our kind of entertainment after all. :biggrin:

I just got a trapeze and I'm in loove with it. I know there are many concerns about the bag holding its structure, but I think that's a problem with the older (2011) versions. The trapeze I have is made with retty stiff leather, and I really don't think it would lose its shape at all.

don't be embarrassed, what would we all talk about on here if people didn't want opinions on stuff like this? this is our kind of entertainment after all. :biggrin:

You're awesome, thanks for making me feel better. :smile:

Also, I don't know where it went but I swear I replied to your advice about not overthinking it. I thought it was a cool perspective.

I just got a trapeze and I'm in loove with it. I know there are many concerns about the bag holding its structure, but I think that's a problem with the older (2011) versions. The trapeze I have is made with retty stiff leather, and I really don't think it would lose its shape at all.

Thanks for the input. It's helpful to know! What color did you get?

Regarding the Trapeze holding its shape etc

Its based on two technical things, the construction and leather.

CONSTRUCTION
As it name already gives a hint to the construction of the bag in the sense of the handle flap construction (Trapeze is a short horizontal bar hung by ropes or metal straps from a support. It is an aerial apparatus commonly found in circus
performances)
Screen shot 2014-05-11 at 5.01.52 PM.png

CLEAN LINES
This while makes for beautiful clean lines of the bag, makes the construction when in movement and handling the top handle more trouble sum to remain or hold its original shape as when seen rested on a table or store shelf.

Rule is the more perfect clean lines a product has the more you will have to know that you have to take care of it.

LEATHER
Most Trapeze will have a combo of 2 or 3 leathers or materials- this makes for great effect in look and feel as well as harder /stiffer part(body of bag or and flap) and softer parts ( mostly the side wings are done like this).

UNDER THE LEATHER STRUCTURE
Yet all Trapeze are not hard case vintage luggage style construction - because of modern needs women don´t like and are not used to hard sided medium to large size bags and its to heavy as well.
So its not commercial to make most bags like this bigger than a CELINE BOX or HERMES CONSTANCE bag, same thing for metal frame bags constructions.

Conclusion i that no matter how stiff the leather its a lively natural material and it will get softer or dry from exposing to air and sun and will show how its history.

LEATHER CARE
You can treat it carefully and not over stress the weight and handle construction or you can just enjoy it and be careless and it will show.

Some styles or construction and material show age less or age better - same in RTW and shoes and bags as well as furniture.

TRAPEZE.jpg

CELINE TRAPEZE.jpg

TRAPEZE BACK.jpg

Regarding the Trapeze holding its shape etc

Its based on two technical things, the construction and leather.

CONSTRUCTION
As it name already gives a hint to the construction of the bag in the sense of the handle flap construction (Trapeze is a short horizontal bar hung by ropes or metal straps from a support. It is an aerial apparatus commonly found in circus
performances)
View attachment 2612146

CLEAN LINES
This while makes for beautiful clean lines of the bag, makes the construction when in movement and handling the top handle more trouble sum to remain or hold its original shape as when seen rested on a table or store shelf.

Rule is the more perfect clean lines a product has the more you will have to know that you have to take care of it.

LEATHER
Most Trapeze will have a combo of 2 or 3 leathers or materials- this makes for great effect in look and feel as well as harder /stiffer part(body of bag or and flap) and softer parts ( mostly the side wings are done like this).

UNDER THE LEATHER STRUCTURE
Yet all Trapeze are not hard case vintage luggage style construction - because of modern needs women don´t like and are not used to hard sided medium to large size bags and its to heavy as well.
So its not commercial to make most bags like this bigger than a CELINE BOX or HERMES CONSTANCE bag, same thing for metal frame bags constructions.

Conclusion i that no matter how stiff the leather its a lively natural material and it will get softer or dry from exposing to air and sun and will show how its history.

LEATHER CARE
You can treat it carefully and not over stress the weight and handle construction or you can just enjoy it and be careless and it will show.

Some styles or construction and material show age less or age better - same in RTW and shoes and bags as well as furniture.

View attachment 2612144

View attachment 2612140

View attachment 2612145

I'm going to start a Sander fan club thread.