Chi Ionic Manicure Lamp

Mar 7, 2008
I bought a Chi Ionic Manicure Lamp last night from TJ Maxx for $39.99. I've been shopping around for a desk lamp to have better light for doing my nails when I stumbled upon the Chi lamp. Has anyone used one of these? I found very little information online and I searched for threads on lamps and didn't find very much. Please steer me in the right direction if there's a thread going. I haven't unpackaged it yet, I'm just interested in knowing if anyone else has anything like this and how they like it. Thank you!

I bought a Chi Ionic Manicure Lamp last night from TJ Maxx for $39.99. I've been shopping around for a desk lamp to have better light for doing my nails when I stumbled upon the Chi lamp. Has anyone used one of these? I found very little information online and I searched for threads on lamps and didn't find very much. Please steer me in the right direction if there's a thread going. I haven't unpackaged it yet, I'm just interested in knowing if anyone else has anything like this and how they like it. Thank you!

I just got one as a gift today and I though it would be great as a desk lamp as well. I have yet to use it as a nail dryer but I was wondering if I could switch out the bulb from time to time and use it to dry my uv gel nails? Have you tried it yet?

I just got one as a gift today and I though it would be great as a desk lamp as well. I have yet to use it as a nail dryer but I was wondering if I could switch out the bulb from time to time and use it to dry my uv gel nails? Have you tried it yet?

I love mine! I only use it as a lamp, the one time I tried the dryer it bubbled my polish so maybe I was too close? I don't know how I was polishing my nails before this lamp - I didn't realize how pathetic my lighting really was. I think my manicures look better now that I can see what I'm doing! I also use it for other things that require bright light. I bought a satin-like pillow case that I throw over it when I'm not using it.

I'm not sure if you can switch out the bulb or not. I haven't tried as I don't have any experience with gel nails. I hope you love your new lamp as much as I love mine! Kudos to your gift giver!

I also just brought this lamp on clerance at Marshalls. I was looking for reviews as well and came cross this site.

I haven't opened my box yet. I hope the nail drier works well.

I recently purchase a gel system called knockout nails so when I use that I will test out the lamp and see how the lighting works.

I just got one of these lamps at a yard sale, I'm wondering where to buy filters if anyone knows??? Or does anywhere sell any replacement filters for this

I love mine! I only use it as a lamp, the one time I tried the dryer it bubbled my polish so maybe I was too close? I don't know how I was polishing my nails before this lamp - I didn't realize how pathetic my lighting really was. I think my manicures look better now that I can see what I'm doing! I also use it for other things that require bright light. I bought a satin-like pillow case that I throw over it when I'm not using it.

I'm not sure if you can switch out the bulb or not. I haven't tried as I don't have any experience with gel nails. I hope you love your new lamp as much as I love mine! Kudos to your gift giver!