Chi Ionic Manicure Lamp

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a Chi Ionic Manicure Lamp last night from TJ Maxx for $39.99. I've been shopping around for a desk lamp to have better light for doing my nails when I stumbled upon the Chi lamp. Has anyone used one of these? I found very little information online and I searched for threads on lamps and didn't find very much. Please steer me in the right direction if there's a thread going. I haven't unpackaged it yet, I'm just interested in knowing if anyone else has anything like this and how they like it. Thank you!

2. I just got one as a gift today and I though it would be great as a desk lamp as well. I have yet to use it as a nail dryer but I was wondering if I could switch out the bulb from time to time and use it to dry my uv gel nails? Have you tried it yet?

3. I love mine! I only use it as a lamp, the one time I tried the dryer it bubbled my polish so maybe I was too close? I don't know how I was polishing my nails before this lamp - I didn't realize how pathetic my lighting really was. I think my manicures look better now that I can see what I'm doing! I also use it for other things that require bright light. I bought a satin-like pillow case that I throw over it when I'm not using it.

I'm not sure if you can switch out the bulb or not. I haven't tried as I don't have any experience with gel nails. I hope you love your new lamp as much as I love mine! Kudos to your gift giver!

4. I also just brought this lamp on clerance at Marshalls. I was looking for reviews as well and came cross this site.

I haven't opened my box yet. I hope the nail drier works well.

I recently purchase a gel system called knockout nails so when I use that I will test out the lamp and see how the lighting works.

5. I just pickled this up from Marshall's at clearance for $15!! Glad to read you like the lamp.

6. I just got one of these lamps at a yard sale, I'm wondering where to buy filters if anyone knows??? Or does anywhere sell any replacement filters for this