Chevron Tote TSV Review

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I missed the boat on the TSV price, but this bag grew on me more and more every time I saw it. I have to say, wow, I actually really like this bag more than I thought I would. My first impression is it's smaller than I thought it was going to be, which is great. The coated cotton is nice and supple. It is nice and light weight and has a comfortable strap drop of about 9". It feels very comfortable on because of its slim profile, fitting nicely under the arm. I'm 5'5" and about a size 12/14.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395097865.910885.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395097881.348292.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395097891.979483.jpg

One little thing that bothers me is the little "Dooney" logos that are printed randomly in the design are all in horrible places. I don't know if I'm being overly picky, but that was one of the details that I really like. The one that is half covered by the strap on the front looks like a loose thread which is what I thought it was at first.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395097975.591508.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395097988.776685.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395097998.321352.jpg

I think I can easily use this as a purse. I use an organizer and it fits nicely inside with a little room left on the sides.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395098024.085540.jpg

It also works as a work tote, with my 14" laptop fitting nicely inside along with some folders and my day planner.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395098048.936161.jpg

The little cosmetic pouch is really cute, and has a fabric lining. I really like this piece.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395098355.922565.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395098366.009389.jpg

Overall I think it's a keeper, but I'm seriously thinking of exchanging it just because of the "Dooney" logos that are covered up, knowing full well it would be a gamble. However the shipping costs are a little too high for that. I bet the pink one is really cute too :smile:

2. Thnk u thnk u thnk u for doing this reveal. Looks great

3. Oh, no. It looks amazing. Lol. I have enough on my wish list.
    But it really looks good on you.
    And you had me at "14 inch laptop." I was thinking about getting a work bag. :smile:

4. Thank you and you're welcome :smile:. I always love reading other's reviews.

5. Thank you Bobetta. You and me both...my wish list is way too long for my budget :smile:

6. Congrats on your new tote TB! It looks great on you and it's gorgeous!

7. Thanks MaryBel :smile: I do love it.

8. Congrats!

9. Very sharp looking, TB! :love: Congrats!

10. Very nice TB and it looks great on you! I 'm hoping to catch this one on "as is" in the black/white or pink.

11. Thanks so much :tender:

Thanks Sarah :girlsigh:

Thanks E. I had been looking at the as is, but it was taking too long for any to show up.
    I'm just too impatient sometimes :girlwhack: I hope some show up for you soon. Pink is my second favorite. :hbeat:

12. Love it Twoboyz! Darn it, I really didn't want to fall for this bag!! LOL. I was also thinking as a work tote, so maybe I would get more use of it. Looks great on you. I hope if you send it back you will get one with better placed logos.

13. Thanks Rachael! I'm still trying to decide, but I probably won't send it back just for the logos because there would be too much wasted in shipping. I guess I'll just consider it as it's own unique personality. :hrmm: I'm also waiting for my snake shopper to arrive so I can compare the two bags. I might only keep one, even though something tells me I'll end up with both. (sigh). Hopeless.... Is there a cute little emoticon for "destitute"? :wondering

14. Looks great on you! I like the print much better in a real life pic...

15. Thanks! I can't wait to see your black Camilla. You must be very excited. :smile: