Chevron Reissue - Smooth Calfskin...Opinions?!

Jdljb

Nov 15, 2016
Hi everyone,

I absolutely love this piece and am thinking of getting it in the 226 size. I was hoping to get some opinions, just in case there is something I am not thinking of. I don't want to regret my purchase. Any thoughts, advice or opinions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• chevron reissue.jpg
    chevron reissue.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 734
One detail I had not originally noticed on this particular Reissue (it was a dear friend that pointed this out to me :hugs:) is that the the direction of the chevron on this particular handbag changes in the opposite direction on the bottom half. Conversely, other chevron classic flaps and Reissues have the chevron in one consistent direction top and bottom. For some, this could be the very unique "detailing" they are seeking. :smile:

I just thought I would mention this since you requested comments on "something you might not be thinking of" and especially since "I" had not noticed it myself on first glance; it took someone else to point it out to me. lol :flowers:

I noticed the same thing as Plumeria233 mentioned which is the direction of the bottom half's chevron pattern compared to the typical ones. It's a matter of preference of course (if you like it definitely grab it now; or if you don't feel it then pass and wait for the future chevron in the usual pattern). personally prefer the regular pattern even though I must say this season's colors are quite pretty including the fuchsia. :smile:
20160329_221436_resized_2.jpg

Reactions: Plumeria233
I love it! I'm not sure if mine from last season is the same leather (can anyone help?) but if it is then I can report that it wears really well. I use mine as an everyday bag and have found no scratches.

25tgbnm.jpg

One detail I had not originally noticed on this particular Reissue (it was a dear friend that pointed this out to me :hugs:) is that the the direction of the chevron on this particular handbag changes in the opposite direction on the bottom half. Conversely, other chevron classic flaps and Reissues have the chevron in one consistent direction top and bottom. For some, this could be the very unique "detailing" they are seeking. :smile:

I just thought I would mention this since you requested comments on "something you might not be thinking of" and especially since "I" had not noticed it myself on first glance; it took someone else to point it out to me. lol :flowers:
That is so true..I myself did not realize the same

Reactions: Plumeria233
I saw this today in both the 225 and 226 size and I have to say, it's exquisite. I was not considering another black Reissue (I have the classic distressed black 226 with ruthenium HW), but this one has me thinking. It's a stunning bag and the leather feels pretty hardy.

I have this particular chevron 2.55 and love it ‘cos of the duo-direction chevron...makes it stand out from the other chevrons a bit :smile:. And it’s holding up beautifully...the sheepskin is a durable leather and I don’t feel like I have to baby the bag at all

Reactions: moki96818
I have this particular chevron 2.55 and love it ‘cos of the duo-direction chevron...makes it stand out from the other chevrons a bit :smile:. And it’s holding up beautifully...the sheepskin is a durable leather and I don’t feel like I have to baby the bag at all

mahalo for your response!!