Chevre Goat Skin

I will go back to Hermès ASAP this week and try and find out more about this Thalassa story, and if my SA confirms that it's still available, I will definately put my name down for a Birkin in this color.

I think this addiction is getting serious..! How many birkins can one have? How many do you think is reasonable ? I already have 3, a 4th (ebene) should arrive within the Autumn, and now I want a Thalassa as well; someone talk me out if it, please...!!:wacko: :biggrin:

I just wanted to add that my chevre kelly in rouge h - we went out this morning - and I'm really super in love with this bag! I've been on such a whirlwind of new bags and have been feeling guilty and even thinking of selling - thought I didn't need 2 kelly bags - but I have to say...the chevre is so light and so pretty in the rouge h! Very unique - and it was nice to change to the red bag even if just for today to match my outfit - I haven't really been one to do much of that so I need to put more effort in - love, love the chevre!

I was told recently that Jhansi is now discontinued.

I'd be very surprised if Hermes discontinues Box! I know they're having trouble producing good Box calf lately but there's no way they can discontinue this beloved leather!

I agree, Lucy. It may go on hiatus but I'd be shocked if they ever got rid of it for good.
I don't mind so much if Jhansi is discontinued as long as they keep making Coromandel!

binky said:
... maybe this has been answered before but i just missed it--what is the difference between chevre mysore and chevre coromandel?

I am dying to know this too. I'm pretty sure I've settled on chevre but I haven't seen the 2 types side by side to work out the difference. Can anyone help with pics or an explanation?

xquisite said:
I am dying to know this too. I'm pretty sure I've settled on chevre but I haven't seen the 2 types side by side to work out the difference. Can anyone help with pics or an explanation?

They are both very light and durable and the difference is Mysoe is softer than Coromandel. Bags made in Coromandel will have a more structured look.

Hope this explains :smile:

Greentea said:
I agree, Lucy. It may go on hiatus but I'd be shocked if they ever got rid of it for good.
I don't mind so much if Jhansi is discontinued as long as they keep making Coromandel!

According to my SA, Box calf is not discontinued but the production is low because beautiful skin in perfect condition for Box Calf has been in low supply in the last 2 years.

BTW, the leather part of my Ming Birkin is in Box calf so it's a sign that Hermes is in fact still making Box Calf :biggrin:

HermesAddiction said:
They are both very light and durable and the difference is Mysoe is softer than Coromandel. Bags made in Coromandel will have a more structured look.

Hope this explains :smile:

Thanks HermesAddiction. I prefer the birkin to maintain its shape, so it looks like right now that it's Coromandel. :biggrin:

HermesAddiction said:
According to my SA, Box calf is not discontinued but the production is low because beautiful skin in perfect condition for Box Calf has been in low supply in the last 2 years.

BTW, the leather part of my Ming Birkin is in Box calf so it's a sign that Hermes is in fact still making Box Calf :biggrin:
They do still make box, 'cause I ordered a box Kelly only two days ago.. My SA showed me the order list for the Autumn bags and there were several in box, but not many colors, mostly black (rigid and souple) and the chocolate I preordered... The low production might also be for the reasons you mention above, but what my SA said is that in these last few years people prefer the "grainy" more souple leathers to the smooth and more rigid ones (at least in my country) and also box isn't very popular because it's delicate...;) :biggrin: