Chevre for Sellier or Retourne?

HerLuv

Jun 27, 2014
Hi! honhon kindly posted a link to my bag comparison earlier and if you have any questions please let me know.

I will share my own experience which is that my SA recommended a 28 size if I wanted sellier and didn't want slouching issues - she mentioned they would start with a 32. I hope that helps. I love chevre on a Kelly - you will love it!
Thanks Kat99 for a very informative well-written post. Hmmm, sellier 28 is actually my first choice if there will be no slouching issue. How long have you had your chevre kelly? Do you mind posting a current picture of it?

dharma

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
If you are interested in chevre for a kelly, I suggest this thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/ode-to-chevre-412556.html
It's full of information including the different types of chevre used for bags and SLG's, each type having their own characteristics.
When I placed my order for a 28 chevre sellier kelly in Nov 12 I was told only kellys up to size 28 and birkins up to 30 for new orders..... but there are vintage and preloved bags in larger sizes on the resale market. These rules may have changed since then but I haven't heard otherwise.
I have seen the slouch in the 32's, but not so much slouch in the 28's. Plus it depends on the type of chevre used. If you are placing a new SO for a sellier, remember they do take longer to arrive than the retourne or the birkins, at least in my store.
Good luck!

HerLuv

Jun 27, 2014
Thanks dharma. How long did it take for you to get yours? I thought only chevre mysore is the only available chevre? chevre 28 sellier is my hg bag.