CHEVRE after spa?

pazt

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
i have a pretty beat up 35 black chevre that has worn corners and scratched up hardware (its my workhorse bag and i carry it all the time)...has anyone brought their chevre bags for a spa and it came back brand-spankin' new looking????

can they fix the corners? and even handles? TIA :heart:

if you do. pls share before/after pics....thank you!

Pazt, CCK has a red chevre birkin and brought it in. She said it came back good as new. I was also told by Claude that he could make worn corners on chevre good as new. Hope that helps and hope CCK chimes in about her beautiful red bag!

Pazt.......what a beautiful bag! Black Chevre is a favorite of mine after Black Box! I always say that if I ever run across a Black Chevre Kelly, I'd snap it up in a hot second.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the spa service you get on those corners. Chevre cleans up beautifully!

Pazt.......what a beautiful bag! Black Chevre is a favorite of mine after Black Box! I always say that if I ever run across a Black Chevre Kelly, I'd snap it up in a hot second.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the spa service you get on those corners. Chevre cleans up beautifully!

thanks D! i know the hardware wont probably be salvaged but im concerned with the corners....:yes:

Naaaa....unless the corners are worn down to the white, you should be fine.

Pazt......get a hold of some Meltonian black shoe polish and keep it on hand for touch ups during the year. KWIM? Just a dab on those corners will keep them looking good between spa visits. Just a dab though. Don't over do it. I do this with my black bags all the time and it helps keep them looking "groomed". LOL!

I have never taken my own chevre bags into the spa, but I know my friends have and they do quite well. Note that their damage was not deep or major though. I saw the bag before and after and it does look better, but you will not get the same impact and differential that you get from box leather before and after the spa. As long as you have your expectations realistic relative to the damage, you will not be disappointed. At the end of the day, even if she comes back just a little cleaned up, it will be surely worth it. I love sending things to the spa and getting them back a few weeks later...like getting a new bag all over again!:P

Claude has my rouge vif chevre HAC right at this moment, not sure how long she'll be there but i'll post photos when she returns. the corners were worn but not to the white, and the hardware was pretty scuffed plus i had one deep scratch on the bottom. But you just made me realize i did not take the "before" pics to do a before and after reveal....darn it all! After my rouge vif, my potiron chevre 35 will be taking her spin at the spa!

I wouldn't hesitate taking chevre to the spa. My rouge vif chevre birkin went to the spa and came back in amazing condition. Maybe not quite like new, but pretty close. I'll see if I can resurrect my pictures--I'm not sure that I had before pics, but I know I have after.
My corners were also worn down to white in some places.