Cheshire Oaks today

The Red Mabel at Cheshire Oaks is Polished Goatskin. I'm not sure about it at the moment so I'm having a hunt around for a normal Goatskin one.

Thanks for the list (and the PM's girls) - I'll let you know if I decide to go for this bag or wait for a normal one.

Is the polished goatskin like the antiqued leather ? I don't know much about goatskin , is it very delicate ? What price is it going for ?
Ali ! Keep in touch and let us know - was thinking about you all day yesterday whilst at work , wondering if you'd bought it - how sad am I ???

The Polished Goatskin is the same leather as the Black Maggie on Mulberry.com. Its a shiny version of the Goatskin basically.

The price is what's making me stop and think really - its £486. I know I've got 7 days to return it but it just seems a hassle if I'm not really sure about it. I'd prefer to wait and either be sure about it and buy it or wait for a normal Goatskin one to turn up.

Its not a life or death situation and I've lived without one for this long - IF I decide to buy this one and its gone when I phone then it wasn't meant to me! I'm a great believer in fate.

Well, if it was at Bicester or something I would ask them to hold it and wizz up there and take a look but because its at Cheshire Oaks, I can't do that. I don't want to buy something thinking that I may very well send it back - there doesn't seem to be much point in that really.

I know I will kick myself if I decide to get it and when I phone it has gone but then, as my hubby says, it can't be the only one in the country, and I do have a few other bags that I can use in the meantime!!!

I agree with SJ, I didn't see the price when I was there, but that's alot of money for something that you're already not overly enthused about...

I think it could be nice but it would depend on how shiny it was really. If it was the same as SJ's then I wouldn't be thinking twice about it because I've already seen it and tried it and know I like it. But to buy something that I have never seen before - it just takes a little more thought. And as we know - not all reds are the same!! This might be a really, really bright shiny red and I'll hate it.

from what I recall (sorry again I can't be more specific - I was stalking a snakeskin clucth!) it was a pillar box red, but was not overly shiny - it wasn't so "in your face" that I was immediately drawn to it. I woudl say it was no more shiny that than the leather on the coloured Milton bags (like SJs recent blue one), certainly not like patent shine. hope that helps!

from what I recall (sorry again I can't be more specific - I was stalking a snakeskin clucth!) it was a pillar box red, but was not overly shiny - it wasn't so "in your face" that I was immediately drawn to it. I woudl say it was no more shiny that than the leather on the coloured Milton bags (like SJs recent blue one), certainly not like patent shine. hope that helps!

Thanks for that. I'm still thinking about it! Its nice to know that it wasn't shiny like Patent.

Ali there was one on ebay a little while ago. I've just looked but it's gone from the completed section now.
The bag was nice but I love the red goatskin Mabel, not only for the colour but because of the beautiful leather too...it's so mushy and the colour is really beautiful.
Although the polished red is a beautiful colour, the leather just doesn't do it for me.
It depends whether you like the bag because of the colour or the colour and the leather?
I wouldn't buy it as a substitute though as I'm sure one will turn up sooner or later.