cherry blossoms in all its splendor

Isn't this awfully early for cherry blossoms? Even in DC?
They're absolutely gorgeous and I'd love to be there right now.
But wow, it's only April 1st!

Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing !

It's still too cold up in Canada for there to be very much of anything blooming, unfortunately !

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I love to take pictures but really my husband is the pro. I learned a lot from him.

tln - where are you gonna be staying in D.C.? I live about 30 miles west of D.C. and will be happy to show you around. The museums are a must see....I particularly love the natural history museum esp the gems and of course the hope diamond.

Swedie - have a safe trip to D.C. tomorrow. Let me know if I can do anything for you while you're in D.C. Be sure to see the blossoms...

Intlset - glad you're able to use the picture. I really love the close-up view of the blossoms. I think it's going to be my new desktop.I also like this one.

Attachments

• P1000263.JPG
    P1000263.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the lovely pics....I can see the cherry blossoms from my apartment! I'm actually going into town tomorrow to see them (first time since I've moved here), so I'm pretty excited. I'm also excited about grabbing brunch afterwards (yummy place that makes their own donuts....yummy).