Cherry Blossom - Dated?!

poshinstyle

Aug 7, 2006
I LOVE the Cherry Blossom Collection but sometimes I think that it is dated. I don't use mine because of this reason but at the same time I can't let go of it because I love it. What is your opinion on this collection? Do you keep wearing it? Do you find it super dated?

I don't think it will ever be dated - there are always new bags getting released but LV IMO is eternal- especially Murakami It's art - art is forever!:heart:

I don't really think "dated" is the right word because it's not exactly like cherry blossoms were in style then. Appropriate for as many occasions as mono though? probably not.

love it though!

I think of it as a collector's item and not dated since it was such a special piece of history. I do think other discontinued bags though could have a dated look, like a discontinued epi color or style for example, I still wouldn't let it stop me from getting one though if I liked it enough and would get joy from wearing it.

They were selling Cherry Blossoms handbags at the LV store inside the Murakami exhibit in Brooklyn......I was very tempted to buy one because they were stunning....I was surprised to see them there.

I don't think the Cherry line dated.... maybe you feel bit bored. Just keep it for a while and you'll get the love back... I don't have those collection; eventough it's kind of cute and cheerful in the same time. Just give another try...

No way, I still carry my CB Pochettes and I love them!
Anyone that has me on their facebook can see that the last time I went to an LV party, I carried my red/creme Pochette to it!

It's funny because I have ALWAYS loved the CB line and remember how badly I wanted that pink cherry blossom pochette....I LONGED for it! I cried when I couldn't afford it back then and always regretted not finding a way to make the purchase! (I guess that's why when the Cerises line came out, I was on the wait list ASAP for that cherry pochette and nothing was gonna stop me!) I have always thought about getting a CB item, but never see anyone else carrying them. I was wondering the same thing...is it too dated? I agree that LV is timeless and since it was only released once I guess that should make it even more special to have and show off! Maybe I just talked myself into it! :yes: Not sure if that helps or even really answers your question at all! :P

Last edited: