Chemlex's eBay Finds - I'll be posting my favorites here.

1. Hi all, I eBay so much it's probably an illness - from time to time I find amazing deals that I have to share with my fellow handbag lovers. Of course, I would never post anything I plan to bid on in here (I don't need the competition, thank you very much), so hopefully you all will enjoy what I post.

Black and Gold Donald Pliner Handbag - currently at $49.99
    Ebay Link
    This handbag is gorgeous, and I've been meaning to get a Pliner, but I decided to pass this one on to y'all.

Sigerson Morrison Metallic Purple Purse - currently at $69.99
    Ebay Link
    This scalloped clutch is adorable, I hope one of you give it a good home.

Rafe Black Handbag - opening bid $49.95 (and no bids yet)
    Ebay Link
    This bag is from the Rafe Fall 2004 Line, and it will be perfect for this fall. The listing says it's a doctor, but it's clearly not. It's a big bag at 13"x8x"5.5, and at its current price it is a steal! It probably sold for around $250 at its original retail.

And this one kills me to give away, but I just can't splurge on another Botkier right now.

Botkier Fall 2005 Metallic Mauve Clyde and Medium Luxe Trigger
    The Clyde
    The Trigger
    The starting bids are $450 (about $200 below retail)
    These are fresh new bags, and the color is pefect for every season. I seriously toyed with getting the Clyde, but I picked this week of the year to be responsible

These auctions end soon, so please check them out. Best of luck with your eBaying :smile:

2. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

3. That Sigerson Morrison bag is TDF but I have too many evening bags already.

4. coolness chemlex, thanks for sharing. Makes me wonder if we need a "deals" sub-forum on here.

5. I think a sub-category in this forum for "Deals and Steals" would be awesome.

6. Hi, I decided to do a designer spotlight on Cole Haan - since I see so many great deals from this designer on eBay. If you have any designer requests for me to be on look out for, just send me a PM.

These all end pretty quick, so if you're interested you should jump on them:
    Cole Haan Jeweled Straw Tote - currently at $20.50
    [​IMG]
    Ends in three hours!
    I think this is a really cool straw tote that actually works for Fall. It probably will end up going for a bit higher (thanks to sniper bidders).

COLE HAAN "ZOE" LEATHER CLUTCH HANDBAG - currently at $29.99
    [​IMG]
    Ebay Link

Magenta Alexa Purse - $29.99 and no bids yet.
    [​IMG]
    Ebay Link
    I've seen this bag in person, and the leather is perfect and the color is even better in real life.

Tan Alexa Collection Purse -$49.99 and no bids yet.
    [​IMG]
    Ebay Link
    Wow, I love this one! Please someone buy this so I can live vicariously through you.

Cole Haan Alexa Ocean Blue
    Ebay Link
    [​IMG]
    As you can tell I love the Alexa collection - it's classic and it will never go out of style.

7. Chemlex- great idea on the sub-category! Vlad will put that up when he gets a chance and we will move this thread over!! Thanks for the great tip :biggrin:

8. I'm an eBay addict...thanks so much for posting your finds!!!

9. It's about that time again: Here are some the great deals on purses at eBay - please let me know if this thread is help to anyone, and if you decide to bid on anything.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Schooly Satchel -currently at $127, only 1.5 days left!
    [​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6805707992&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    This bag is selling for $328 at eluxury.com right now - and the auction is improperly listed (doesn't contain "schooly" in its auction title so people who are looking for this type of bag can't easily find it). You can get a great deal on this purse.

Rafe New York Pink Ibiza Bag - opening bid $105, and no bids yet
    [​IMG]

People who read this blog and forum are probably familiar with my extreme love for Rafe New York - and this bag exemplifies why I love this designer. The bag is great fun, the silver hardware plays perfectly on the shimmery pink. This bag is from Spring 2005, and its original retail was probably around $400. It's a big bag: 15 1/4" x 8.5" x 4 3/4
    If one of you lucky ladies buy this bag, I would definitely pick up this adorable bag charm to go with it. Just $9.99 at the following link: http://www.blupyxie.com/rahechkeychi.html

Botkier Nude Clyde Bag- Currently at $225.00 and no bids yet.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6806130963&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    No bids yet on this bag from the Botkier Spring 2005 line. I own a Trigger in this color, ad it goes with everything. The picture they have actually makes it appear darker than in real life. It's closer to a shimmery pearl. At its current price it is a great deal.

Botkier Acid Holster Bag - Currently at $83.00
    [​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6805940375&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    I love Botkier bags, and I have a Holster as well as a Acid colored bag. The acid definitely has a greenish tinge to it, and even though it was released in Spring 2005, it is definitely more of a Fall color. The Holster is an fantastic bag with three compartments and 4 pockets on the outside. If you are a sniper bidder, I definitely recommend waiting until the final hour of the auction to bid, and you might get a great deal.

Cynthia Rowley Large Black Handbag Starting Bid $49.99
    [​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CYNTHIA-ROWLEY-LARGE-LEATHER-HANDBAG-EAST-WEST-NWT_W0QQitemZ6806453583QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    There are always great deals on Cythia Rowley handbags on eBay (believe me, I've been watching). Do a search on it some time if you're a fan of this designer.

10. Love your finds chemlex! If you ever see a good deal on any Mulberry, please let me know. It's my new obssession!

Lexi

11. You have great taste- Mulberry is such a hot brand right now, but I've never owned one so I'm afraid I would post a fake. If you know a good site that shows several pictures of authentic ones (including interior shots) please PM.

I will definitely give it a search, but I can't gurantee I won't scoop a few up before I post deals in here.

12. I'm gonna remind Vlad for the new category! This seems to be quite a fav with everyone!! :smile:

13. do you use ebay alot ? i have heard there are too many fakes ... which begs the question .. are you after the style of the bag or the name (obviously, i understand you get the quality control from designers).

thanks

14. Yes, I use eBay a lot - but not for designer where fakes run rampant (Dior, Vuitton, Balenciaga). I usually stick to designers that counterfeiters don't know about yet (I've never seen a fake Rafe). If I post something here I am 99.7% sure that it is the real deal.

I have a lust list of many many bags, so I usually do a designer search and then look at the pictures to see if I recognize the bags. I also have about 50 Ebay Favorite Search alerts, so they email me if something I want pops up.

Of course, you should be very careful of fakes on eBay - I actually don't recommend getting a Vuitton or Dior, unless you are comfortable with the fact that the bag might be a fake. I have knowingly purchased replicas off of eBay because they looked good enough, and they were reasonably priced for a replica.

If you know the bag that you want and know what it looks like (interior included), you can probably get a good deal on it on eBay. You just have to be vigilant and careful. Fortunately, you are protected by Paypal and Ebay so if someone represents a bag as authentic (and it isn't) you can get your money back within 45 days of auction end.

I hope this was helpful, let me know if there are any designers you've had your eye on.

15. See this is what i am talking about , making me spend more money

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice