Chelsea Shopper

I didn't have any chemical smell with my Dillen Chelsea, either. The handles are a little squeaky but that's just a "leather" thing. :biggrin: I agree with LJ, if airing it out doesn't dissipate the smell, return it.

I love the squeaky leather handles, just what good leather does. :smile:

As for the smell, try airing it out for a few days and if that doesn't do it completely then you could try aquarium charcoal. I bought a bag off of EBay that had a horrible perfume smell and after trying everything I tried the charcoal. Bought a jar of the loose stuff and poured (carefully) into a small dish and sat it in the bag and it has just about cured the odor. But of course, I had to take drastic measures as I was stuck with the bag but in your case you could always just return it.;)

I love the squeaky leather handles, just what good leather does. :smile:

As for the smell, try airing it out for a few days and if that doesn't do it completely then you could try aquarium charcoal. I bought a bag off of EBay that had a horrible perfume smell and after trying everything I tried the charcoal. Bought a jar of the loose stuff and poured (carefully) into a small dish and sat it in the bag and it has just about cured the odor. But of course, I had to take drastic measures as I was stuck with the bag but in your case you could always just return it.;)

I bought the bag on ebay[emoji31]. I will try airing it out

I think its just a really strong leather smell

Thanks

No smell with my Chelsea's, however, I did have a strong leather smell with my pre-loved Natural Clayton. At the time, I didn't think it was leather but when I wore it to work, the girls said... "Wow that bag smells good". Lol. It didn't smell very good to me. I have squeaky handles on most all my bags.