Cheetah Rocker...hmmmm! What do ya think?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I got the Cheetah Rocker today and well, I'm not very impressed. I was hoping it would be as elegant as the Fling, only because I'm concerned I won't be able to wear the Fling that often, whereas the Rocker is more day and night.

First of all, this particular Rocker has an extra extra long strap. I dunno what happened when they made it, but it's waaay longer than a normal 3-Zip Rocker. Too long for it to look good and I'm 5'7"!

Second of all, the gold hardware on this Rocker is in my opinion, an ugly shade of gold. The Fling's hardware is a beautiful buttery shade of yellow gold, even has maybe a tinge of rose to it in person. But this Rocker's hardware has a very brassy shade of gold with green undertones. Not attractive. If it had been done in the same shade as the Fling's, then I think it would look A LOT better! Such a shame.

The Cheetah Rocker is an exclusive to Saks and is on Saks.com now. I saw a photo of a Cheetah MAC in the Saks catalogue also, so that should be coming out soon too. In the photo it looks like the MAC has silver or gunmetal hardware, but it's probably this same brassy gold and the lighting made it look different.

So all in all, I think the Fling is the nicer bag. There are photos below. Please excuse my sweatpants haha!! I'm home relaxing today :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Difference in hardware color:

[​IMG]

Toooo long!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. it's really cute, but i agree, way too long. maybe have the strap shortened?

3. I'm a fan of leopard, but I just don't care for it.

4. Yeah I think it has too much going on between the cheetah print, the tassel, the zippers and all those zipper tassels. I did remove the new tassel and the zipper tassels and it looked better, but no where near as elegant as the Fling.

5. I think it's cool & that's an easy strap to shorten. I'm really tall and I got a longer strap for my 3-zip MAC and I just don't like it as much as the original. So better that they should err on the long side. I can't say about the shade of the gold in person, but I think that rocker would look so cute going out in the winter.

6. I much prefer the classy Fling and agree that the Rocker has a bit too much going on.

7. Omg it's gorgeous! I'd get it but Saks shipping and duties costs to Canada are HUGE, and they don't have a discount code heh.. The strap would be perfect for me since I'm 5'10.5 haha. :P I, too, find the gold hardware to look strange but I still like it :P.

8. I'm gonna head over to Saks soon and return it. So I guess it will be at the Beverly Hills store for a little while if anyone wanted to buy it from there.

9. Every time I see this bag I think the same thing...it would be the perfect bag to use for a pole dance. :blush: I'm just sayin'! With all the zippers, the tassels, the extra large tassel, the leopard print and all that gold hw...this is a bag that should be out struttin' it's stuff!

Not a fan, and I love the fling!

10. WOW!
    This is a bag with alot of action going on!
    I agree that the cheetah fling looks so much nicer~
    When you have a very "busy" print, like cheetah, I think it is best to keep the details simple to accentuate the shape of the bag and the cheetah print (like with the fling), but wowweeeee, that 3 zip rocker with long tassels, plus a big bushy tassel, and all the zippers and gold....That's ALOT to look at!!!

I agree: return it!

***the Fling in Cheetah is precious, by the way!!!

11. Fling all the way. I think it could be worn during the day too, since it has the chain strap. There's just way too much going on with that Rocker. I like the giant tassel, though.

12. Agreed... sorry it doesn't do much for me either. Though I really like the cheetah in the fling.

13. LOVE that Fling!!

14. Miss MAGJES! You go girl! :biggrin:

15. The Rocker was returned earlier this evening :biggrin: