Check your Speedy Empreinte!!

Jul 18, 2011
As some of you may know I picked up my Speedy Empreinte 25 in Celeste on Sunday. Last night I was taking my removable straps apart and noticed some weird brown/black spots on one of the pieces on the clip that connects to the bag (see photo below). The weird thing is that it's on both clips and no where else on the bag. I called my store and they said to bring it in and they could probably order the part and fix it in the store. She didn't seem fazed so maybe this is an issue?? Just wanted to encourage you guys to check your bags! Hopefully it's a quick fix!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407848591.210722.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407848610.548689.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't clean the brass - if it doesn't work and you will bring back the bag, you will have problems because LV will say, that YOU have caused the defect yourself!

Bring the Speedy back - that's really not acceptible!!! Good luck!

UPDATE: I went over to LV today and showed them the marks. She took it into the back and came out and said just try using an eraser to get the marks off I rubbed a few off in the back. I seriously thought she was joking. I asked if there were any other options because I wasn't comfortable with that. She went back into the back and came out and said they would order me a new strap. I thought the whole thing was really weird...but at least I'm getting a new strap.

UPDATE: I went over to LV today and showed them the marks. She took it into the back and came out and said just try using an eraser to get the marks off I rubbed a few off in the back. I seriously thought she was joking. I asked if there were any other options because I wasn't comfortable with that. She went back into the back and came out and said they would order me a new strap. I thought the whole thing was really weird...but at least I'm getting a new strap.

That is ridiculous- not your job to clean it off- shouldn't be there in the first place at that price!

Yes I had those spots on my Elipse bag charm. I had purchased it and did not decide to use it until about 6 mos later. I kept it in its dustcover and the plastic was still on certain parts. I'm not sure if it was the beginning stages of tarnishing or not but LV exchanged it out for me.

Their customer "service" is really something......

I just checked my Terre speedy empriente which I purchased and haven't used and I found the same thing but on one end it looked so rusted while the other end looked fine. It was sitting in the box for a year and I just checked and found it!! My SA said to bring it in.

That is unacceptable. I myself paid $3,000 for a speedy 30 empreinte only to have to return it for store credit two months later because it was defective. I would take the whole bag back.

I just checked my Terre speedy empriente which I purchased and haven't used and I found the same thing but on one end it looked so rusted while the other end looked fine. It was sitting in the box for a year and I just checked and found it!! My SA said to bring it in.

Oh I'm so glad you checked!! Hopefully they will give you a whole new strap. This is just unacceptable. You'd think a $3,000 bag wouldn't have these kind of issues...