Check your mail! Louis Vuitton Class Action Settlement?!

Hello all,
I did received the claim form for the Louis Vuitton Settlement, alot of my friends did not. Is there a way to file online, I try one web site, but it was not what I was looking for. I brought my first bag in Hawaii but the LV locations they have on file does not include Hawaii. I wonder why!

Just got this form and SO was saying the Claim Form did not look like any he had seen before.

It is strange how they do ask for partial CC information, almost as if someone is trying to puzzle things together.

This will go in the "wait-and-see" pile, LOL.

i got one too. didn't fill it out b/c i wasn't sure if it was a scam or not. i'll wait til we get more info before filling it out. tia for anyone who posts more info on whether or not this is legit.

I paid a visit to my SA over the weekend and she said that the higher powers are being shady to them about disclosing information. All she was told was that there were legal proceedings against the company. The only reason that my SA found about the suit was because she also got a claim form in the mail. Unfortunately, she didn't know any more than we do. Having said this, I still don't know what to make of it all.

Do you keep receipts of your purchases? You can check there.

But yeah, I'm still wondering if it's legit. Either way, $25/$50 is not a lot of discount for LV! :sad:

Lol I do but I have no idea where the receipt is at the moment, or even what the item was! I *think* it was my Farandole Ring but I don't remember lol.

And I agree, that's not a whole lot...it'll probably just take care of the tax. Not that I'm complaining about a free gift card but I don't know if I'll actually be using the GC unless I find a bandeau I like or something.

I got a claim form today! Had to go through my AMEX end of year statement, because I was pretty sure that DH bought me a bag in CA last year but wasn't sure if it was there or Vegas - sure enough, Sunset Blvd from SF in April! So now I have reciept info if they need it. I'd gladly take $50 gc :smile:

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has gotten their GC yet or has more info about whether this is legit.

The final hearing of the suit isn't until October 22, 2009 so reimbursement by means of gift cards won't occur until after that date. The judge still has to decide if the $25 and $50 gift card is enough or too much compensation. You can always wait it out to see what the judge rules, so that they don't hold on to your information if the ruling in goes against the consumer; the claim form just has to be postmarked by November 6, 2009, well after the final court date.

Thats really odd...I got one too a few days ago...
Never thought that LV would get sued O__O
I shredded the form thinking that it was a scam or something.

Hello all,
I did received the claim form for the Louis Vuitton Settlement, alot of my friends did not. Is there a way to file online, I try one web site, but it was not what I was looking for. I brought my first bag in Hawaii but the LV locations they have on file does not include Hawaii. I wonder why!

You didn't get one because it only applies to purchases made in the LV Stores in California.

I got mine today and I live in CANADA.

I traveled to San Fran last summer for the first time ever and made a purchase at LV

I don't trust this though...... What if someone stole LV's info, eg. names addresses and card numbers and are just trying to match everything up.

If I give them the last 4 digits of my card and the date that I made the purchase they will have:

My name, address, credit card number, SIGNATURE, FINGERPRINTS....

If this is not legit then Louis Vuitton has a big mess on their hands because they will have to explain how these scammers got our addresses.

If this is legit then Louis Vuitton should let us know that our personal info was given to Kisssettlement.com. LV has to print off all these gift cards so they should be telling us something.