Check you new Chanel bag carefully for defects....

So sorry this happened again and again - I just got my mini tow weeks ago and literally every time I check it I find somth new. I was just about to open a thread about it. However, I cant do much about it because Its the last item available pretty much everywhere. I have a tiny area in the front which looks like coating of the shiny caviar is coming off - it freaks me out and i dunno what to do about it (cut it off? smooth on with leather lotion??) but since yours is just on the side area I would keep it. If everything else is fine, keep it. Because sometimes I like to remind myself: I purchased a leather product. Leather that used to be the body of an animal - an animal that lived, breathed and got the odd scar or scuff on its skin. If I wanted SPOTLESS Leather, I would have had to purchase a faux leather bag. Even the finest craftmanship of Chanel cannot guarantee leather is without ANY imperfections. Maybe the tiny spot where my caviar coating is lifting was an area where the skin itself wasnt perfect - and whats chanel supposed to do about that? Waste the leather and thus the poor animal that was killed for it? It may seem crazy to some but thats how I try to be okay with my mark. Loose stitching, threads, big scuffs - those are all not ok. but a tiny spot in an area that cant be seen - if this is otherwise ur dream bag, keep it...
Hi katlina, does your caviar leather really peeled off? What finally did you do? I came accross the dark blue that I adore but it was the last piece and the leather at the side of the back peeled off around 1mm. Very small area but I am more affraid since it’s on the back, it will rubs againts my body that makes peel/scuff getting bigger over time. I can’t get it out of my head. It’s very difficult to get this color but I am uncertain due to this. Should I get it or not

Hi katlina, does your caviar leather really peeled off? What finally did you do? I came accross the dark blue that I adore but it was the last piece and the leather at the side of the back peeled off around 1mm. Very small area but I am more affraid since it’s on the back, it will rubs againts my body that makes peel/scuff getting bigger over time. I can’t get it out of my head. It’s very difficult to get this color but I am uncertain due to this. Should I get it or not
I'm not katlina but I would not get anything where the leather has already peeled off. That's not a good sign. It's not worth it

I wouldn't get it if it peeled off. You're spending thousands on a bag, it should be perfect. There will be other colours that you will love in future seasons and hopefully the quality will be better.

On a general note, I really hate Chanel for talking us into buying stuff that is less than perfect. It's like we have stockholm syndrome, we keep going back even though we know we could do so much better elsewhere. Chanel really doesn't deserve our money based on 1) quality of products, 2) quality of service.

Reactions: Shu-ki
I'm not katlina but I would not get anything where the leather has already peeled off. That's not a good sign. It's not worth it

Thank you for your reply. I know I shouldn’t, but.. (sigh). I just need to get it out of my head then lol

I wouldn't get it if it peeled off. You're spending thousands on a bag, it should be perfect. There will be other colours that you will love in future seasons and hopefully the quality will be better.

On a general note, I really hate Chanel for talking us into buying stuff that is less than perfect. It's like we have stockholm syndrome, we keep going back even though we know we could do so much better elsewhere. Chanel really doesn't deserve our money based on 1) quality of products, 2) quality of service.

Thanks for your reply. You made a good point. I couldn’t agree more. In my case, SA didn’t endorse to purchase it. It’s only me who was not easy to let it go.

I am not sure I will find the kind of blue like this season again in the future so I guess I just have to find slg in this color to fulfill my desire for it

Thank you all for your inputs. Not sure how strict is the return policy in sg because my past purchases were in Europe and fortunately, I do not have to go through such agony. My SA did tell me time and time again to check because I will not be allowed for any exchanges again no matter what. That spot was really missed out when I was at the boutique. Idk if it’s too much to ask for if I were to request for another exchange...

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if this is normal - the tips of the diamond quilts are not touching the borders, the right side having a slightly wider gap than the left, especially the bottom right quilt (so quilting not symmetrical)...

Is this gap between the last quilt and the border normal or am i just being picky? :sad: P.S. This is a Series 23, got it preowned.

Attachments

• 8275FE2C-AA76-44B7-8C84-918EF4D22730.jpeg
    8275FE2C-AA76-44B7-8C84-918EF4D22730.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 448
Last edited: