Check out the sight of my backyard!

My friend in Golden emailed me pics of her up to her waist digging her car out. Should make for some great skiing! Glad you are safe and warm! Enjoy!

Pippi

as a life-long southerner, my jaw just dropped.

i didn't know that that much snow HAPPENED outside of siberia. what a beautiful sight, i hope it hasn't inconvenienced y'all too much!

it was in the 70s here last week...it's gotten a little cooler, but this time of year always makes me want to head north to play in the snow!

Wow that is so pretty!! It is summer here at the moment and even in winter we don't get snow. That is just so gorgeous to look at. Thanks for sharing.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed these pictures. It's very rare that we get this much snow in Denver all at once. So it was a real treat especially since Christmas is right around the corner. But it did put a stop to EVERYTHING. All shopping, merriment, work, restaurants. many people stranded at the airport and on highways. Some people couldn't get home last night and had to go to shelters or camp out with friends.

We shoveled tons of powder snow today. And despite how it looks, it wasn't that cold at all, hovered around low to mid 30s all day. In dry weather like we have, that's nothing!

And our temperature was in high 50s and low 60s all last week!

Hey, Deco. We got over 2 feet here in Monument, CO. I just went out for the first time in two days - the roads are very slippery and there are stranded cars everywhere! We were actually planning on heading up to Breck today to ski - Oh well!! Luckily, my parents flew into Denver on Tuesday, just before all the snow hit. Thanks for the pics and I hope you have a very happy and safe holiday season!