Check out problem via phone order

ashleyy6169

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone! I don’t know if anyone has experienced the same problem as me, but if yes, please let me know what I should do. I was referred by a nice member to the SA that have a bag I want. However, I cannot check out because she said my name wasn’t match my phone number and even the card I use. I haven’t changed my phone number or either using someone’s card. I even gave her pictures of my card with my name on but she still said it’s not work. I have placed many orders by payment link or by phone before and never had any problems. Is there any way to verify this is my phone number, and all information are correct? I don’t know what to do but really don’t want miss that bag. Thank you

This is just my personal experience. I never have to provide my phone number to verify, but name, billing, and email address. (My phone number is wrong on file any way). Was it only your phone number that didn’t match? Were you asked billing and email addresses?

Yes, I gave her all information: name, phone number, email, card info and billing address. The thing I don’t understand is while I can still check out somewhere else but not her. She doesn’t have payment link either.

@ashleyy6169 Is this from NM Coral Gables? They have the worse security and fraud prevention process. If you haven’t purchased from them before your card must go through the authorization with loss prevention to make sure that the billing matches etc. I have experienced the same with them when I tried to help my friend with a purchase from there. It took 2 days for security to authorize and we tried 2-3 different cards, they still said the phone number didn’t match. The SA couldn’t do anything to help when the card doesn’t pass security check.

Another SA from a different NM location suggested that NM or BG card may work better in this case. Maybe you should ask your SA for her suggestions. Or try to have other family members buy it for you if their card works. Good luck!

OMG! Yes, that’s Coral Gables location. I have tried to use my card under my profile to purchase a pair of earrings, got the same problem. Then now my boyfriend tried to use his profile to buy me a bag, still got the same problem. I feel frustrated to prove the SA that I really want to take that bag but I don’t know what to do with the name not matching, because she doesn’t try to help me with that but keep saying cannot process. So how do you go through security check? Do you call your bank or somewhere else?

OMG! Yes, that’s Coral Gables location. I have tried to use my card under my profile to purchase a pair of earrings, got the same problem. Then now my boyfriend tried to use his profile to buy me a bag, still got the same problem. I feel frustrated to prove the SA that I really want to take that bag but I don’t know what to do with the name not matching, because she doesn’t try to help me with that but keep saying cannot process. So how do you go through security check? Do you call your bank or somewhere else?
Well when this happened my friend called her credit card banks to make sure they had the correct phone number and they did. However, Coral Gables still said phone number didn’t match. At the end the SA was nice enough to get the same bag rang for my friend from another stand alone boutique. So it’s not your problem but their problem! I don’t know what they do and how they check but it is very tough with them. I felt sorry for my friend back then now I feel sorry for you. Maybe tell the SA that you really want the bag and see if she can suggest something?

I tried to call NM customer service this morning to ask about security authorization and my problem. She said she doesn’t know about that but she can help me to set up profile with NM and ask for name, phone, email, billing address. She said I should be good because my name now match my phone number and billing address. She is connecting me on the line to Chanel store in NM Coral Gables try to place an order. Hopefully it works. If not I’ll give up. I am so tired.

Reactions: nat74
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. NM Coral Gables is a lease boutique so I wonder if NM Customer Service can help with their security loss prevention process but I really hope they can.

Reactions: ashleyy6169
I had the same problem before with the same NM, while the SA only said my phone number doesn’t match, not my name, and she did mention it’s the security check and nothing she can do… I had showed her a screen shot of my bank account with the phone number on file… she said she’ll show that to security, and hours later it passed… hope this helps…

I had the same problem before with the same NM, while the SA only said my phone number doesn’t match, not my name, and she did mention it’s the security check and nothing she can do… I had showed her a screen shot of my bank account with the phone number on file… she said she’ll show that to security, and hours later it passed… hope this helps…
Lucky you! My friend sent a screenshot of her statement with the phone number on file too but the SA couldn’t help it either. :sad:

She didn’t mention about security check for me to know. Untill I posted this thread, @nat74 mentioned about that and I called customer services. The SA didn’t reply my text so I think the bag was gone already or somehow she doesn’t want to deal with my problem. I need to find that bag somewhere else then