CHECK HERE FIRST for S/S 2007 colour, leather and bag style etc.... CHIT CHAT only

WOW bal .... thank you so much for the fantastic report :flowers: - I'm not so excited to see the 07-bags in real anymore :sad: - I'll love and use my very nice older bbags :love: - btw it's perfect for my cc too ;)

Thank you for the report. I think natural is the only one that I am going to get. Then in the spring, I want sandstone(argyle) I think and maybe Anthracite. I'm not liking the leather reports though. So far I have only heard raves for the leather on the white bags and I already have that.:confused1:

I have a white giant brief at the moment, from BNYC, and I'm trying to decide what I really think of it. First reaction is disappointment, because I was so in love with how it looked in the early ateliernaff photo and the one in Elle. That isn't to say it's bad, just not so wow IRL as expected. The leather is pretty good, except for the shine factor of the newer bags. I know some people love it, but I prefer the older leather in this regard. It is pretty typical Balenciaga white. I don't find it ivory, but just white with that sort of grayed, distressed (?) sort of undertone. Colorwise, it looks a lot like my 2004 ring-top bag and my S/S 2005 Twiggy. The gold hardware pops, what can I say. It seems brighter than I expected, and it isn't smooth, which adds to the potential garishness of it. But it does look sort of nice against the white.

One more thing I forgot, as to white giant brief. The bag itself is different than I expected. It isn't so large and seems a bit flatter than I had expected. Since I may not keep it, I haven't loaded it up with stuff to see if it could look like the photos - seated and poufy. It is a nice bag, though. Very clean looking and fits on the shoulder. It is hard not to keep looking for tassels!

One more thing I forgot, as to white giant brief. The bag itself is different than I expected. It isn't so large and seems a bit flatter than I had expected. Since I may not keep it, I haven't loaded it up with stuff to see if it could look like the photos - seated and poufy. It is a nice bag, though. Very clean looking and fits on the shoulder. It is hard not to keep looking for tassels!

Congrats rollergirl!!! Can you please post some pics???:yes:

I went to Bal NY last night and saw some of the new colors. So!
Vermillion Red - is a bit more orange than Rouge Vif - but not nearly as much as in the photos sent by BNY. Still a very nice red IMO.
French Blue - AMAZING! I love love love this color. Photos don't do it justice. It's an electric blue, almost.
Grass green - most similar to the photos. Great color.
Vert D'eau - blech. Stick of gum just about describes it. Too light, lighter than pistachio... wasn't wild about it.
Naturel - nice.
That was all I managed to see in my excitement. Have to say, the leather was nice, at least as nice as the fall bags, maybe nicer :yes:

I went to Bal NY last night and saw some of the new colors. So!
Vermillion Red - is a bit more orange than Rouge Vif - but not nearly as much as in the photos sent by BNY. Still a very nice red IMO.
French Blue - AMAZING! I love love love this color. Photos don't do it justice. It's an electric blue, almost.
Grass green - most similar to the photos. Great color.
Vert D'eau - blech. Stick of gum just about describes it. Too light, lighter than pistachio... wasn't wild about it.
Naturel - nice.
That was all I managed to see in my excitement. Have to say, the leather was nice, at least as nice as the fall bags, maybe nicer :yes:

Is the Natural lighter or darker than the 05 Calcaire? :P

Saw the Marine today in a Weekender -- gorgeous pure navy blue. Really excellent. Because of the variations in the leather, some areas were deeper while others were brilliant. VERY rich and lush. Girls who love blue are going to go nuts over this!

Hi all, I usually lurk but I looked at the Spring 2007 bags today at Barneys in NYC. My Christmas present from SO is going to be a city!!! Woohoo!!!! I'll be joining the ranks on the bbag board! (long time mua member).

I saw the cafe color, the green color, white, and marine, all with giant hardware. I hated the hardware but the Marine color is beautiful. Very dark blue with no purple. The cafe color is also gorgeous. The white had very thick leather. I also fondled a 2006 black city that was on the counter, smooshy!! Why wasn't this snatched up long ago?? I would have gotten it, but now I want the marine with normal hardware. Anyone seen those? :smile:)

I read a post on B-bag pricing and somone brought up that all the fashion magazines are saying Balenciaga bags will be out for 2007. Do you think this is accurate and for all of you fans, will it even matter? Just a question since I want to purchase a B-bag when I go to New York. I was very excited about it...but now i'm worried? Any thoughts and info would be awesome!!! Thanks guys!!!

there was a thread on this recently..something like 'are our bags out?'...the consensus seemed to be that in or out, b-bag lovers would still buy and wear them!! :heart: