CHEATING the system....muhuhaha!

I did save a lot..

The bag is $16xx and the tax is 9% for the first bag.
Then, another bag is $1180 and the tax is $9%.

:P

Ps. I usually don't shop at LV store, just eLux and 866 (without tax for me in both way).

I didn't know that 866 didn't charge tax...wow..

Who has better shipping rates (besides when elux has free shipping codes)? Or does it depend on where 866 is shipping it from?

You are still obligated to pay a use tax to your state if you do not pay sales tax on your purchase. So there really is no way to cheat the system legally.

mannn i never thought i would either, but i just moved to oklahoma for law school (and my mba ;) ) butttttttttt i think i might like this whole thing of no store!! itll make me focus and when i do want one, its only a 3 hour drive andddddddd i dont have to pay tax which means MORE STUFF!!!

buttt i just asked my mom shes like no :sad: dont do that because i dont have my condo yet im staying at an apt and she doesnt want people to know all the shopping i do and everything i get shipped here :sad: sooooooooooo what to do

Yikes, wish I had known this while I was doing my MBA up in Rochester - although perhaps I wouldn't have qualified.

I'm like your mom - just I dont want the people I work with to know - heck I walk in with a different pair of socks and everyone's eyeballs fall out lol.

Good luck!

You are still obligated to pay a use tax to your state if you do not pay sales tax on your purchase. So there really is no way to cheat the system legally.

Bag Snob is correct. If you order and don't pay sales tax where you purchase, there is something called a "use" tax that you are supposed to pay to your state. There is a place on your state income taxes to report it. Most individuals don't know about it.......

So...i have a question. I know they say if they do not have a store in your state then you dont have to pay tax. Maybe it's the indian in me (dot not feather haha) buttt i remember when i was little going to jewerly shops in california, buying a bunch of gold and diamonds and then claiming there was no shop in AZ so we didnt pay tax...but then they would mail an empty box to our house to prove it i guess?!?!

sooooooooooo can we do that with our LVs? I'm in oklahoma and there sure is no lvs here and i plan to buy a whole buncha stuff from dallas when i go tomm sooooooooooooooooooooo what to do?

Oklahoma sucks. We need an LV! I think Oklahoma City would be a perfect place (tulsa would be even better though.....even it was just a counter in the local Saks!)

uhm...is this true for Canada too!? HAHA..I'd be sending stuff all over the place just to avoid the 13% tax.

and CONGRATS on going to law school :biggrin:

Living in Los Angeles I don't get the tax break from Elux. But on the other hand I have 5 LV's less than 5 miles from me. So I am never more than 10 minutes away when I get the feeling like I need to go LV shopping

I wish I did not have to pay sales tax. I live in Cal and they charge tax on everything. If I did not have to pay sales tax, I could have saved thousands on my LVs. how can I get out of paying sales tax, living in Californnia?

the only way I know of to not paying sales tax is to buy them from the Portland store, since Oregon have no sales tax. But technically u are suppose to report the purchases to CA when u cross the state line, if you only brought one then I guess u can say u brought those in CA and hide or destroy the receipts.

GwuN - "But technically u are suppose to report the purchases to CA when u cross the state line, if you only brought one then I guess u can say u brought those in CA and hide or destroy the receipts." There aren't any customs agents when you cross state lines to ask what you bought.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO guess what guys! THIS IS SO WEIRD!! So i just bought a few things today and my SA BROUGHT IT UP!!! She was like wait you live in oklahoma do u want me to just ship this to you so u dont have to pay tax?!?! I was like woahhh we were just talking about this on TPF!!! The same thing happed at a few other stores, i thought it was just really really REALLY FUNNY!!!!

but yeah i guess it works...but i didnt take advantage of it because i wanted the things now now now in my hand haha but now that im calculating it, i could have saved at least a 100 from LV and about 40 from tiffanys!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO guess what guys! THIS IS SO WEIRD!! So i just bought a few things today and my SA BROUGHT IT UP!!! She was like wait you live in oklahoma do u want me to just ship this to you so u dont have to pay tax?!?! I was like woahhh we were just talking about this on TPF!!! The same thing happed at a few other stores, i thought it was just really really REALLY FUNNY!!!!

but yeah i guess it works...but i didnt take advantage of it because i wanted the things now now now in my hand haha but now that im calculating it, i could have saved at least a 100 from LV and about 40 from tiffanys!!!

What all did you get? Please post photos.