"Cheating" method to extend straps!

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
My DH gave me a medium PS1 in paprika for Christmas. It's really great except that the long strap is meant for shoulders, not cross body. I really liked the size of the medium so this is what I've done. I ordered some purse hardware from buckleguy.com. I think it might work now. Thought I'd share as this could work with any bag.

Reactions: Sparkletastic

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
Amazing! Did it work? Can you take pictures wearing it? I have always loved the medium PS1 but have never purchased one because the strap was too short.

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
Wow, thanks for that link, it looks like a great site for anyone who is handy with handbag modifications.

I've been toying with the idea of modifying the chain on my Marc Jacobs Stam with a piece of leather (chain hurts my shoulders).

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
No modification really necessary, just add extra clasps on each side. For this, you do need a removable strap. I bought antique bronze for my medium PS1. The clasps I bought are called swivel snap/lever/bolt.

Silversun

Apr 28, 2011
London
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. It really bugs me that they make the Medium PS1 strap so short, yet the PS1 pouch strap is so long you have to tie a knot in it to wear crossbody. PS logic doesn't resemble my Earth logic. :-/

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
Here are the pictures. One before extension, one after. I'm terrible at this self-portrait stuff so excuse the poor quality. For reference, I'm 5'4'', about 125 lbs. I do have quite a long torso (short inseam). For me, this works to make the bag comfortable to carry.

The actual hardware that I used (many worked, I ordered several options): http://www.buckleguy.com/3002a-7-16-antique-brass-swivel-trigger-snap-solid-brass-ll/

Attachments

kyuis2004

O.G.
Jan 18, 2010
Sunshine state
Thanks so much for sharing. I have the same issue with the lenght of the strap too. Ivalways want it longer.

Out of all hardware u ordered, is the one you are using paired out the best?

Thanks