Cheaper in Italy

Hi

I was actually wondering about the same question before. I'm not sure if the specific model of the item matters. In my case, I was looking at the BN1336 Nappa Gaufre, which Joanna quoted me US$1835, excluding US$50 Fedex charges and GST. Roughly works out to S$2700+ in total.

In the website e-store, it costs 1690 Euros = S$2966

Not sure if the website price includes tax though. If the tax is significant, say 15%, which can be refunded, then the price works out to be S$2580.

Does anyone know if the listed price in the e-store includes tax, and how much is their VAT there?

Hi JoshL,
Sorry I am not able to help u on this. But ordering from Joanna is cheaper about 20%? Italy is definitely the cheapest!! =) But I still find that ordering from Joanna is consider quite a good deal! =)

I'm almost sure Italy is the cheapest place to buy prada.each brand is cheaper in its own country..since I live most of the year in Italy I've never checked the difference between prices but last week I was in chamonix(France)and I saw a stunning ysl purse,it was 900€.then I came back home here in Italy and I saw the same purse:it was 1150€!! As someone previously said I suggest you to visit prada's outlet,not far from Florence!there you gonna find an unbelievable variety of purses,wallets,RTW,haute couture dresses at incredible price:biggrin:

Hey All...
Just came back from Italy! Yep, the Prada price is absolutely cheaper!
For those got the chance to go around, I recommend to visit Prada outlet to get great deals! There are few Prada outlet in Italy. There is one near Milan named Serravalle. There is also one in Foxtown in the border between Switzerland and Italy. And another one in Florence. Happy Shopping =)

:bump:

I'm considering getting a BN1786. And I am curious whether the price in Italy is cheaper than buying from Prada Hawaii or not. I saw in this thread that you guys have established that it is.

But I'm still confused because the price of BN1786 on Prada Italy e-store is 1180 euro which is around $1,714 (according to xe.com). My friend told me you get around 15% VAT refund so that means you get around 177 euro back and that makes it 1,003 euro or $1,457.

And Prada Hawaii's price for BN1786 is $1,340...

Or is the price actually cheaper if you buy at Italy shops as opposed to buying online at Prada Italy e-store? Does anyone know?

TIA! :smile:

i browse on FB and an online shop sells prada in a ridiculously cheap price, arround $600-$900 (i'm in indonesia anyway), its leather, new and they claim that it's authentic as they bought it from outlet in europe. can anyone give me info if the price at europe's outlet is that cheap?

Hi

I was actually wondering about the same question before. I'm not sure if the specific model of the item matters. In my case, I was looking at the BN1336 Nappa Gaufre, which Joanna quoted me US$1835, excluding US$50 Fedex charges and GST. Roughly works out to S$2700+ in total.

In the website e-store, it costs 1690 Euros = S$2966

Not sure if the website price includes tax though. If the tax is significant, say 15%, which can be refunded, then the price works out to be S$2580.

Does anyone know if the listed price in the e-store includes tax, and how much is their VAT there?
Hi vat refund is 12% in Italy , based on yr computation, then that will amount only to 2610 sing dollar. Therefore cheaper in Italy.

hi, saw from the prada e-store that the prices in france are more exp than in italy.. is this also the case for the boutiques? I would have thought all prdad boutiques in the eurozone have the same pricing.. would someone be able to advise on this pls? thanks!

Hi, Let me share my experience today in Prada outlet, first of all if you lucky enough to visit Florence make sure you're going to the Mall they have direct bus from SITA station, near Firenze- SMN station, previously they only available in SPACE factory outlet which quite a hassle to go (you have to take train and taxi) but just recently they open a store in The Mall. Not all of their collection available, mostly the last season or older but still good collection, meaning still reasonable style and not outdated and odd style and the price is 1/3 of the normal price (compare with Australia). I found a Prada Tessuto Vitello Daino Bauletto for 315 Euro which is quite a bargain. However if you're looking for the New Arrival or Classic Nappa bag yo probably won't find any. I saw a lot of shoes too but not into shoes so couldn't give you review on that. On top of that you can get your VAT refund as well and I think it's 12% so more money to spend.

Hi Everyone,
I recently visited Prada outlet store in Serravale, 1 hour drive from Milan. It's so easy to get there, we joined bus tour only cost us €20 per person.
They have lots of handbag, shoes, and clothing there. You can buy as many as you want.
The price are very cheap, all the leather handbag starting from €400 - €490
Also I bought saffiano leather wallet for €195. On top of that, when we left the country we got 12% VAT back :smile:
Just one thing to remember if you are buying prada from outlet, lots of them are no longer made in italy.