Cheap summer threads

shopafrolic

Oct 26, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some websites for cheap throw-a-way summer clothes. The reason being I generally hang out arund the beach or the pool all summer so my clothes get trashed. I'd like a few funky beach/pool to bar/cafe items.

So far I have checked

laredoute.com
newportnews.com

I cant find any others... any ideas?

I just bought a cute dress from H&M. It's a strapless dress, hits mid thigh and is black with pink/red/rose-colored butterfly print (it also comes in a black/blue-green color). It would be cute over a swimsuit, and hot for going out/clubbing.

I was at Forever 21 yesterday too but didn't find anything cute and I was looking specifically for dresses. Most of the dresses there right now feel Gossip Girl influenced (vintage with ruffles, pleats, pintucking, think Alice + Olivia, Phillip Lim 3.1, cocktail-style but all made from yucky polyester) and not good for the beach.

Target does have some sundresses right now, but the last time I was there I only left with one dress and I wanted more :smile:

I'll take suggestions too ;)

I got the cutest dress at Forever 21 that looks just like 3.1 Philip Lim-it is silk and lined! I always think shopping in that store is like a scavenger hunt.
I would also recommend Forever 21, H & M and Target. Target is perfect for simple knit dresses and tees.

not sure how old you are but i think Delia's has cute summer clothes, but they are super cheaply made. I would also recommend F21, H&M, and old navy. I personally think F21 and H&M clothes usually look awful after being washed once. Old Navy lasts me a lot longer