cheap source of medications

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
iiving the dream
My sweet boy has congestive heart failure. It seems to be under control for now (don't like to think long term) with the medications the vet prescribed. He takes 3 meds and it costs almost $150. In addition to the special food, visits, xrays etc, I would like to find a cheaper source if I can.

Can anyone recommend a reliable online source of medicine?

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
If any of the meds are human meds and you live near a Costco, sometimes you can get them for a better price there. Walgreens also has a Rx card you can put your pets on and save some money on Rx's.

nori west

formerly north
Jan 1, 2014
If any of the meds are human meds and you live near a Costco, sometimes you can get them for a better price there. Walgreens also has a Rx card you can put your pets on and save some money on Rx's.
I'm so sorry to hear about your pup, lulilu. I'm glad that he is doing well at the moment. :smile:

I will second the Walgreens Rx card suggestion. My greyhound (who passed away this year, but lived to a very ripe old age :smile: ), had her one of her prescriptions called in there. I think it cost around $15 a month, or so? The drug that she took was a human version that was available in a generic form.