Cheap, cheap, cheap....

Issmom

I need more shelf space!
Sep 13, 2005
No....not a bird and not 'inexpensive'....

This is a personal pet peeve of mine. Why do they charge $3.3k for a Fendi Spy (perhaps my least favorite bag anyway) but they only put the detail on ONE SIDE!? I have no problem with pockets on one side of a bag or different details on different sides of the bag, but if you are going to spend this kind of dough on an embroidered bag, don't you think you deserve TWO WHOLE SIDES?!

Rant over.

Heather

Attachments

• p10808919_ph_detail_03.jpg
    p10808919_ph_detail_03.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 220
cheap skates! jk... I think the main issue is that the effort and craftsmanship that went into embroidering both sides would make it a good 50% more expensive. Or perhaps there is another reason behind it.

Now that I think about it, most bags that I ever seen were single-sided with their patches, embroidery or other assets.

Just my personal pet peeve. I, personally, would prefer less embroidery and have it on both sides. I don't want to feel like my bag has a right side and a wrong side.

And honestly Vlad....do you REALLY think the price on a Fendi Spy is truly proportional to the amount of money they pay some woman to embroider?! I think the name and the marketing and the rest of the manufacturing takes up most of the investment.

Heather

It's the name. Many bags you see ARE beautiful... but I guarantee you are paying for the designer name more so than the craftmanship.

Issmom said:
And honestly Vlad....do you REALLY think the price on a Fendi Spy is truly proportional to the amount of money they pay some woman to embroider?! I think the name and the marketing and the rest of the manufacturing takes up most of the investment.

Heather

But of course, the brand makes the majority of the price. But extra work would be a great reason to bump up the price another ridiculous notch, don't ya think? :Push:

Vlad said:
But of course, the brand makes the majority of the price. But extra work would be a great reason to bump up the price another ridiculous notch, don't ya think? :Push:

But how big is a 'notch'? If it takes the bag from $3.3k to $3.5k, I would prefer it. If it takes the bag to $5k, somethin' is wrong there....

Heather

Personally I like that the bag has a front. Just like people have faces. (:lol: - Okay I know bags are not people!) IMO the bag still has the deco on the back so its not like it is completely blank back there. I think it would be a little too much if there was stuff on the back in the same design as on the front. Plus I dont want to have to worry about fraying when the bag is rubbing against my clothes as I walk.

that pic is not soo nice...me no likey...it does nothing for me...the weaved handles are the best part of the spy...it is pricey has well...3.3k...I could get 2 Gucci boston bags maybe not quite 2 but close...the darn tax etc...you made an excellent point!!

I think that when you carry the bag if there is embroidery or beading on the backside it rubs against your body and is easy damaged, either there may be a loss of beads or the embroidery can get fuzzy...yes, it still happens on the face of the bag, but it is a constant rub for the back of the bag.